·
Cut Above
1,827 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How willing are you to make first contact with a guy/girl on this forum

·
Manic Hispanic
5,406 Posts
Not willing. Like, at all. Pretty much any contact I have with someone on here is because they made contact with me first. I just can't do it.

·
Still playing.
7,256 Posts
I'm fairly willing, but I don't initiate a ton. Some people I talk to first because they seem cool to talk to. I just like talking.

·
SAS Member
7,407 Posts
I never initiate with anyone. I wait. I've wanted to talk to some people on here because they seem fun, but i'm too scared that i'll be bothering them, so I don't say anything.

·
Registered
154,234 Posts
I have been here nearly eight years and have never done anything like that.

·
Banned
3,473 Posts
I don't contact people here or there(the real world). All the interaction I have is with people who talk to me first(not many to begin with). Probably why I am not successful in my particular field of study, I poor at "networking", too much "pride".

·
♛♚♝♞♟♜♚&
6,528 Posts
Pretty much never, if I talk to the person via threads then I might find an excuse to get talking, I take it slow, you might even call me a smooth operator :cool:, but don't call me that. I personally enjoy it when people have something to say to me, but you can never be certain other people feel the same way - So it's easier not to. Mind you once I start talking to people I often don't leave them alone!

·
Banned
2,592 Posts
I'm willing and there's many people with whom i'd love to talk, but i have SA even online so i rarely contact to anyone first.

·
Banned
12,147 Posts
If you mean just private messages, I don't stress too much about doing that. I contact people by PM relatively regularly here. Though I do sometimes worry it will be taken the wrong way or that it will upset them. Especially females.

If you mean real life? No way.

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Not really. I think I've only initated contact with about 5 or 6 people since I first joined. I only really make contact with someone if we share a common interest like travelling or music. Only a few people have made first contact with me so thanks to those guys who have.

·
Banned
252 Posts
If someones posts catch my eye alot i'll tell them i like their posts or something, or if someone is rly depressed i'll ask how they are. I think that's the only times i've ever contacted someone first.

·
Banned
3,597 Posts
Every now and then, depends.

I never initiate with anyone. I wait. I've wanted to talk to some people on here because they seem fun, but i'm too scared that i'll be bothering them, so I don't say anything.
Even if you do end up bothering someone (which i doubt), it doesn't really matter that much :) There will always be people who don't wanna talk/be friends with you/me, etc, for some of their reasons, so...

1 - 20 of 36 Posts