Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
141 - 144 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
I don't know what it was in Junior/High School. For a few years I was with my clique of friends and then one day they just turned on me and I was the odd man out. Parted ways then just out of the blue I was brought back in and it was all good. Kind of a roller coaster but it was fine in the end.

I just look at that as bull**** under the bridge and alot of those people I haven't talked to in High School. High School is really bull**** when you look back on it. It's what you do after High School and the relationships you make then that are important.

·
Flies out window a lot
234 Posts
Wow!! There's a lot of people here with the same experience. Yeah, I would definitely say middle school and high school were traumatic. I was bullied a lot. Man it sucked. There were some nice people that would approach me but I thought there were too cool or that I wasn't worthy so I never tried to befriend them even though they were perfectly good people, really mature and friendly and seemed like the field was wide open so to speak. So I stayed in my little group and we were the weird kids, and I was awkward, blushed all the time about everything lol, and didn't look at anybody. I felt like a ghost that people didn't want around. It was a horrible lonely time. But College is different thank god! And so is the internet thank god. :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Elementary school was pure hell, I had difficulty remembering things and the teachers didn't know how to deal with that kind of learning disability so they would constantly embarrass me in front of the class. The other students would pick up on this and use it as fuel to make me miserable. I was told horrible things that I can only imagine a kid would pick up from TV or their parents.

High school was way better, some people from the past tried to bully me but the teachers (and other students!) stood up for me and I made a group of friends who were all really smart and nice for all 4 years. For once I felt like I mattered to the world. I had a few hiccups, but it was okay for the most part.

·
Asocial schizoid
566 Posts
When I was in elementary school I had a normal life If remember well. ( I didnt social anxiety by then, used to have some nice friends) my classmates treated me well

All changed when I started high school, somehow I lost the contact with the good friends that used to have and my social anxiety started to bother me a lot, my classmates just used to talk to me only for the homework or something relevant to the class, there were some stupid people that bullied me that time and fell my self esteem. I was like a "ghost" for them as they werent interested in knowing me, I had just around 3-5 (semi-friends) as they werent good ones and to not be alone I didnt have another option... in abstract high school was like a hell .-. never would like to come back.

PS: Fortunately I was a good student so didnt have a lot of problems with it

141 - 144 of 144 Posts