Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
41 - 60 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
i used to get picked on all the time, verbally, after lots of time i decided that the next time someone told me something i was gonna beat the crap out of him

and it was hard, my whole body started shaking, i was sweating, my stomach was turning, but i kinda just jumped out of my skin and i jumped him and started brawling on him, i never got picked on again, i didn't gain friends either but i wasn't bothered anymore

·
Registered
279 Posts
Middle/High school sucked. When I was growing up I was the fat kid that everyone picked on. I was called fatass, turkey, sumo wrestler, Snorlax, all that fun stuff. On top of that because of my weight I was very self conscious about myself so I cut myself off from a lot of people and learned not to trust many people. I had a few friends but I never really branched out. Plus I never had a girlfriend or went to prom but as I look back on that now I don't care that I missed those things. Towards Junior year things got better I think people just stopped giving a f**k and moved on.
Up to a couple of years ago I always had let those bad memories burden but I realized that all of that stuff was a long time ago. I've lost weight come out of my own shell (a little bit) and I'm better off than I was now than I was back then.

·
Registered
11,959 Posts
In elementary school I was bullied by one guy pretty bad. Middle school wasn't too bad, I didn't have anybody that bullied me. High school was terrible because mainly I was laughed at by girls who I thought liked me or I was made fun of because I was quiet.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Left alone for the most part. Junior year I was bullied by some ******* in gym class, but that was about the extent of it. Made a decent amount of acquaintances, but very few of them I ever saw outside the context of a classroom.

I never loved high school, but I do kind of wish I had the chance to go through it all again. I'm a different person now than I was then, and even if I didn't make friends, I'd at least try to make it count.

·
SAS member
3,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
i used to get picked on all the time, verbally, after lots of time i decided that the next time someone told me something i was gonna beat the crap out of him

and it was hard, my whole body started shaking, i was sweating, my stomach was turning, but i kinda just jumped out of my skin and i jumped him and started brawling on him, i never got picked on again, i didn't gain friends either but i wasn't bothered anymore
I'm sorry that violence was the only way to resolve the bullying issue... Its sad that people can be so persistent in their abuse towards others.

I never loved high school, but I do kind of wish I had the chance to go through it all again. I'm a different person now than I was then, and even if I didn't make friends, I'd at least try to make it count.
I too am a different person compared to the person I was then. I know that if I went back to high school now (wouldn't want to though because of the work and mandatory uninteresting classes) I would join clubs and make much more friends that way. We still have another chance though. For me, that chance is college.

·
Banned
3,473 Posts
Pretty much left alone, I didn't get bother too much because I was husky, and people knew I would fight if I had to(normally had to make an example every year in school). For the most part I was ignored and I ignored back. Pretty much my life now, except the husky part, muscular now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Middle school was the worst imo, that's when all the bullying happened and any friends from elementary went off into little social cliques. 8th grade was fun, found two good buddies--though we went to separate schools for high school.

High school...I was pretty much just ignored. There was minor bullying freshman year, but then afterwards it was like I didn't really exist. Nothing new I suppose.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Middle school I was pretty much left alone. High School I was bullied pretty bad. At first, I was a good basketball player and an all-star in a league and they wanted me on the team.

I was too shy, never joined the team and ended up an outcast. Had a few friends, but one stopped hanging out with me to hang out with the cool jocks who were bullying me.

Then went to a few other high schools where I was also bullied but not as bad as the first school in 9th and 10th grade.

Never had a girlfriend through H.S. and was the shy nerdy kid. Never invited to parties or went to prom. Also still recovering from not just being bullied but feeling like an outcast and ignored. In all fairness, I noticed that overweight kids were treated worse than I was by bullies.

The problem is I never stuck up for myself. Mike Tyson was actually bullied and beat up regularly as a kid until he had finally had enough and eventually started training. So even Iron Mike at one point had a hard time standing up for himself.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Middle school was amazing. Came to the school without friends and rose to the top of the social chain just because that was my personality. Hit high school, lost weight as a result of playing too many sports/not eating (unintentional of course) and was never the same from then on. Couldn't be myself, was weird around my friends, became obsessed with being skinny... was still being invited to parties, had a large group of friends from middle school that were confused about what happened to me and I eventually withdrew at the end of 10th grade. High school sucked.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Would like to add I was friends with everyone prior. I wasn't the cliquey, diminishing popular type... I was the really friendly, connected with the cool kids and the nerds alike. I miss having friends.

·
Chlorine and Wine
12,105 Posts
I was lucky to be ignored. But when you're an adult, being ignored isn't quite as useful.

·
More nachos, please?
480 Posts
I got wound up a lot but that was my friends joking and we all did it to each other. I got started on once but when I didn't back down, people never bothered me again.

·
Stark Raving Mad!
1,062 Posts
Middle school sucked because I transferred schools in 7th grade, but when I got to High School it worked out because I knew half of everyone there. High School was cool for the most part, of course every now and then someone tries to f up your day. My issues came from staff in particular lol, most loved me but a couple of them thought I was an evil troll. Some were gunning for me, even as I left.

·
Nowhere Man
823 Posts
Oddly enough, they treated me condescendingly.
We, the introverts, were treated as kids that needed protection, so they protected us from bullies and stuff like that. It was a good time in my life, the last time i was somewhat sociable. I still had friends and went out to the movies or going to the mall or to play arcade games or just hanging around in my friends' houses.

·
giggling ******
11,070 Posts
I was bullied by friends who new my personal flaws too well and knew how to make me hurt.

Everyone else respected me, but weren't "friends."

41 - 60 of 144 Posts