Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
21 - 40 of 144 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
8th grade up I was frequently bullied. I rarely talked, I was always afraid, and was thought to be gay, so it did not go very well. I look back at those years and wonder how I got through them.

·
Registered
270 Posts
grown-ups used to tell me back then that I should be happy about still being in school because "life after that will be tougher"

I regret that I wasn't so bright at the time, otherwise I would have told them that if they think so, then we should switch places only for a single day

·
Registered
56 Posts
High school was nasty. Most people acted like I didn't exist.
The ones who did verbally or physically kicked the sh%t out of me.
It was not a happy time :(

·
huh
352 Posts
Bullied in middle school

Left alone in high school.

Felt pretty bad about myself throughout both. Now as an adult though, don't give a **** about what happened then.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I wish I was ignored at school, I was tortured, relentlessly, every single day. I was bullied, physically, and psychologically. I had a few times, at times, but there was periods of months at a time, esp in year 11 and 12, when I had no friends, and I used to hide in the library, and eat lunch in the bathroom.
I am still not over it, I'm in uni now, and I just assume that EVERYONE is talking about me, everyone is laughing at me, everyone is trying to hurt me

·
Registered
89 Posts
I was treated poorly in high school. Girls did not like me at all much less talk to me, I tried so hard too. After I realized I would never fit in I eventually started getting into things to escape. Sucky that some things still haunt me. Only person who was even close to being a friend was my friend who was in special education.

·
o_O
6,024 Posts
I was invisible and people referred to me in third person even when I was sitting right next to them. I hated group work, but then again not much changed since I'm still invisible now that I'm in college.

·
Registered
2,522 Posts
i had a group with who i hanged with but i didn't do stuff to others like laughing at them or making fun things like that.(i was the quit guy in the group once a while conversation)
i was mirroring the other guys , i don't know it this is the right word for it.
it worked for me :) (it went wrong just once)

·
nascentes morimur
587 Posts
I was very eccentric as a child, and people didn't like me. People even tended to make terrible rumors about me, despite how improbable they were. So people pretty much hated me for that, which ruined my elementary experience altogether.

·
Banned
12,909 Posts
like crap in Middle School

Mostly ignored in HS.

·
Banned
3,831 Posts
Like I didn't exist except for one year of middle school where I was best friends with this hyper-active asian kid named Tyler. His few other friends hated me for being around him because I was white which became evident pretty quickly.

He moved on and made friends with people that were better than me in every way, so I was left in the dust. When we got to highschool, he was insanely high on the social ladder. I just gave up and accepted that I was going to be alone.

If I don't mess up and lose them to something stupid, they get stolen from me or move on to new heights. I kind of gave up on making friends until I was out of school. I don't attend a public school anymore, but I'm still going to stick to that decision. People are far too obsessed with what I like to call their playground rep while they're in school. They can't risk being seen with a loser like me. :roll

·
Registered
172 Posts
In middle school, only a few people would harass me and call me gay, etc. But I was humiliated. I perceived it that silence gave it sanction, so I kinda felt disconnected from everyone. I moved for hs. In hs, I didn't talk or do anything. i was so scared I'd be humiliated so I didn't try at all. No one was mean to me though. I regret not making friends in hs.

·
Banned
3,074 Posts
People mostly ignored me.

I was the quiet girl in the corner who always had trouble finding a partner for projects... You don't want to pick on her, but you also don't want to be associated with her either. Sad lol.

·
Registered
900 Posts
I would skip classes very often. It was a stressful time for sure. Sometimes I would just leave for lunch and never come back. Eventually my parents were called in for a meeting and they beat me for it. I found out the schools only called if you missed a certain amount of classes in a given period. So I kept a log of which classes I skipped so I didn't go over it.

·
Registered
310 Posts
elementary and the first few years of high school were pretty bad I always got teased though I did have a couple close friends, and I was very shy... but when I moved in 10th grade to a new high school in a smaller town people treated me a lot better but i didn't have as many friends, until a few months later i met someone and he was new too but we got along super well and decided to go out and he got popular pretty quick (he just has this lovable, interesting character) so I began to have lots of aquiantances which felt nice, because I didn't always hang out with everyone but i had the option when i felt comfortable with hanging out with lots of people with him, no one ever really teased me too much because my boyfriend would stand up for me.

·
totally destroying it
4,484 Posts
During middle school I got bullied a lot. Mostly by boys. It was particularly horrifying because the bullying was usually sexual. I had my *** grabbed numerous times, I was once pushed and then slapped on the ***, and the most memorable one was actually being humped by a boy from my class. I think I cried every day.

I was ignored in high school, and I liked it that way.

21 - 40 of 144 Posts