Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
SAS member
3,439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I knew some people as acquaintances but it was still awkward before and after because everyone had best friends...

·
subtastic
7,692 Posts
Prom:

- I had a few people to hang with at the pre-party and the prom itself, but my best friend didn't come because she thought prom was a bunch of BS.
- My classmates destroyed the buses we took to the prom as well as the prom venue.
- I left early because I realized that I hated pretty much everyone around me.
- My classmates were kicked out soon after I left, seeing as they'd destroyed the place.

Grad ceremony:

- I accidentally stepped out of line and embarrassed myself.
- One of the teachers showed a slideshow at the ceremony consisting entirely of photos of the cool kids' parties.
- I got hammered with my geography teacher.
- A girl apologised to me and my friends for being mean all through high school.

·
Banned
3,564 Posts
It was pointless and emotionally draining for me (like any other day in high school). I went for my parents, not me. I'm glad they got to see me graduate because I know it's important to them.

·
Registered
259 Posts
- A girl apologised to me and my friends for being mean all through high school.
Something kind of like that happened right after graduation. A girl came up to me and a friend of mine. She hadn't spoken to us - ever - and we'd gone to school with her since sixth grade. It felt like "It's okay now, the game is over, now we're all just people." It was very strange.

199 Posts
My graduating class was pretty small...I think about 23 people. many of us had gone to middle school together so we all knew each other better than most graduating classes did. I miss a lot of the people that I went to school with. I am not sure if all of them miss me :)

Graduation itself, not bad. I didn't trip and even though I barely did any extracurricular activities in high school, what little was listed after my name didn't sound that bad. Afterward I can't remember what I did. I think I thought about going to a graduation party...maybe I did go...I really cannot remember.

Life was very easy back then, but I didn't know that at the time.

·
Top 5 Poster
6,051 Posts
I never graduated, having awful anxiety i stopped going to school in my senior year and choose to hide out at different places.
I would often go the library...walk around....hide out at the gym. Quite Sad.

Still i ended up going to college, getting a degree, and have a nice little financial career now. though if i had gone to school, i doubt i would have gone into business, probably a scientific field

·
Panicky antisocial guy
52 Posts
Prom was worse, socially and in terms of anxiety.

My graduation was just a sweaty bunch of *******s I've had to see for the past 4 years on a near daily basis. My sole goal was getting the paper, doing the stupid handshake to make some school board member look good and get the hell out.

·
Out there...
5,124 Posts
Almost like I wasn't there. I only talked to two people after the ceremony and left right away, despite wanting to talk to everyone. I missed out big time.

·
Believe in yourself
291 Posts
It was pretty good. It felt good walking down the aisle. In the days leading up to it, I was looking forward to getting it over with because of how worried I was. I even had a weird dream the night before graduation where the principal didn't even call my name when I was next on the list.

When the time to graduate had finally arrived, I realized that I actually wasn't ready to say goodbye to my classmates and teachers, but overall the experience was great. I was way too scared to attend prom, tho.

·
SAS Member
4,385 Posts
My family came, which was great. And I was recognized as a Magna Cum Laude student. However, I didn't take picture with not one person who graduated with nor did I attend any graduation parties. After graduation night, I didn't bother hearing from anyone else again and I was on my way. I hated high school and haven't looked back on it yet.

·
Registered
15 Posts
We don't really have graduation at school here, just the last day when people sign each others shirts. Everyone's was covered and mine is just embarrassing, I don't know why I still have it. I think I got two from girls out of pity, and the rest were just either badly drawn penises or inside jokes from my school acquaintances (I created this class clown persona at school which seemed to work for me). I got invited to prom and was like "no ****ing way!"

·
Registered
248 Posts
Didn't go. :(

Also didn't go to my debs, which I think is the equivalent of the prom, except everyone gets wasted. Maybe everyone gets wasted at the prom too.

·
Loveisloveisloveislove
2,785 Posts
Awkward, the class had alot of people graduating, everyone was crying and hugging because they were going to miss each other, everyone was taking pictures together, and the stadium where the graduation was held was full. So I was standing there alone not knowing what to do after. During the graduation I kept panicking because it was super windy, really hot and I didnt want to lose my cap as I walked the long path to the stage.

·
Registered
10,503 Posts
Got my diploma and the whole class stood outside to shake parents hands. Then I got in the car and got the heck out of there. No one said goodbye to me. No one every had much to do with me throughout high school. The only time most people talk to me was to say something insulting to me. It was like being paroled from Prison.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I almost failed the history and literature exams. I started to study two days before and there was no chance to go through all 50-60 topics in time. the last night was like... jesus, I don't even want to recall how awful it was

it's a miracle that I didn't get an ulcer

1 - 20 of 39 Posts