Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
My first day back was today. It went well which makes me think that from now on it's going to be a lot worse. It wasn't too eventful and mostly I kept to myself in class and drew on my papers from last semester. I didn't really feel nervous at all, though, which is a good sign.

·
almost
267 Posts
I spent most of the holidays in quiet places so it took me a while to adjust to the noise of school. Today was my second day and so far, nothing much have changed. I'm still drifting quietly around the campus like I usually do.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Today's my third day and its the same as usual. I also keep to myself, I tried to talk to people around me but it always ends quickly because I never know how to respond. I can't wait until the next break :/ I also found out that one of my classes is based largely on discussion so that sucks.

·
SAS Member
4,385 Posts
Pretty much had to walk to the commuter busstop in the rain + 36 degree weather on the first day. I dropped then replaced 3 classes that I originally scheduled for, and now I have 9am classes everyday. Since I'm good at Spanish...I wonder if I'll be able to "connect" with people in my 2 Spanish courses. Most of my courses are with Juniors and Seniors. I am a sophomore by the way..

·
Registered
6 Posts
Nerve racking. Like nico, I found out my philosophy class requires constant class discussion participation as a grade. Well its a shame but it looks like m switching out. Too much exposure at once, need to start smaller.

·
wanting to bloom
61 Posts
on my first day i found out that for my sociology class everyone has to do an introduction of themselves for the next class. just the idea of talking in front of a classroom terrifies me. so already the second day of school and i already ditched a class.

·
Registered
116 Posts
My science classes started lecture on the first day so my brain was already crammed with information. Found out one of my classes will have no exams but consist entirely of presentations and group work. GREAT!

·
SAS Member
7,407 Posts
My first week was a little stressful. Most of the classes require participation, meaning the professor calls on students randomly. I'm trying to work on handling it because participation makes me really anxious.

·
Registered
93 Posts
My first day was fine. We went over the syllabus and did some work together. The only time i got scared was wen i heard the instructor say "now i'm gonna have each of you come up and...." wen i heard those words i think my heart stopped for a moment lol. Luckily we just had to enter our info into the computer whew lolol.

·
Banned
3,217 Posts
my first day of school was today. and, um, it was good! i had the same professor for both classes and he's pretty interesting - he has some unconventional pedagogical views and the syllabus he handed out was fun to read - i liked his writing. he outlined his view about learning on one of them. i got the impression it is something he has thought deeply about. i have to meet with him to try to wave a prereq i didn't have and i'm scared about that - i always have a lot of anxiety talking one-on-one to unfamiliar authority figures (especially a lot of anticipatory anxiety).

·
Such is life
554 Posts
It was okay, but I realised how hard my semester will be.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts