Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Well, in my high school community, it wasn't that bad. I'm sure it's the same for others when I say there's a mentality that you're sort of being forced to make friends with everyone you meet, which is probably why high school has so much drama.

I stuck around with the same guys for all of my high school career. It's funny, I don't talk to any of them anymore. Only person from high school I talk to is one that wasn't really in my 'group' or 'clique' or whatever you may call it.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I really can't say from a traditional point of view because after 7th grade I started homeschooling and now I'm a Senior. Biggest mistake I ever made and I've hated all my highschool years so far. I got too scared to go back to regular school and wish I had stayed.

·
Noona
3,492 Posts
Not too bad. For my first two years, I had a group of friends that I ate lunch with. My last two years were spent at a another school, and everyone was really kind and I didn't have to deal with any bullying. I also managed to attend my prom and grad night.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I really can't say from a traditional point of view because after 7th grade I started homeschooling and now I'm a Senior. Biggest mistake I ever made and I've hated all my highschool years so far. I got too scared to go back to regular school and wish I had stayed.
Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question...but are you going to regular school
right now?

·
Banned
3,884 Posts
These 2 guys.
Verry Back of the class room. super quiet. and Forever alone & always stoned.

Teachers realize your don't talk much in class or high in class and try to ask you the questions that require long answers to make you talk more or draw attention to you when they catch you laid back in the chair, over relaxed, & feeling good lol.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Not too bad. For my first two years, I had a group of friends that I ate lunch with. My last two years were spent at a another school, and everyone was really kind and I didn't have to deal with any bullying. I also managed to attend my prom and grad night.
People asked if I was going to prom and I had a few people who were trying to get me to go, but the SA prevented me from going :no

·
Fading Away
564 Posts
It was horrible for me. I felt like people were laughing at me everyday, till it got to the point where when ever I hear anybody laugh I think there laughing at me. I had to go back a couple of months ago and as soon as I started to see kids at the school I had a mini panic attack, I wanted to turn around leave.

·
Registered
18 Posts
High School was awful. That's when the SA started (either then or in middle school, but middle school and high school are combined in my mind as one big awful time). Dealt with relational bullying every day. Was enormously relieved when high school ended!

·
Registered
49 Posts
It was awful. No friends at school during the high school years. Maybe 1 or 2 friends outside of the school. It was one of those very small, extremely homogenious towns where anything outside the norm wasn't tolerated or appreciated.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
High School was awful. That's when the SA started (either then or in middle school, but middle school and high school are combined in my mind as one big awful time). Dealt with relational bullying every day. Was enormously relieved when high school ended!
I always knew that I was a pretty shy kid, but the SA definitely got worse in middle school.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Bullied bad while passing from one class to another in the hallway. Bullied on bus and on my way home. That part sucked and has probably scarred me.

Getting rejected by girls hurt my self-esteem bad and made me depressed.

But the part I enjoyed was having less worries since I was immature and didn't really think much of homework, school (didn't do hw or study), so I had a lot of free time for myself.

·
madly in love
2,433 Posts
it got better as it went on. i eventually got a group of friends... well i guess they were friends. i didnt really feel close to any of them and i was always paranoid they didn't really like me. there's only one person from high school i've kept in touch with.

·
Registered
4,601 Posts
got bullied. Had severe shyness of all girls. got heavily criticized for not being normal. Though still had a lot of fun.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.