Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
May 29 2009, was one of the few days that I got to forget all about my SAS and enjoyed myself. 18th birthday is a big deal in my small Caribbean island.

It started with a biology A level exam, after which I went to town to meet my brother. He took an hour time off, for us to go get me some new clothes. I got an outfit that suited my shy-guy type persona.

After that, ~ 6pm we went to the annual national singing contest. Someone from our town was participating, and my brother and a friend were doing back-ups for her. So the 4 of us got in free. Backstage seats are the best ! you get to hang out with the musicians, and see all the performances up close.

Then, we went to a night club. We met up with some of my brother's friends and enjoyed ourselves. I decided not to make a big deal about not "bringing a girl of my own" and just tried to relax. The proprietor had a birthday cake set for one of his employees and anyone else in the club who also had a birthday... so of course I got cake too !

Vincymon did not take the shot of wine though ( are you crazy !? )

And when to proprietor found out it was my 18th birthday, he told my brother and I :
"well in that case, help yourselves, free drinks for you tonight !"

We reached home 3am.

All in all it was awesome. In these hard economic times; I got to party all night for my birthday -- without spending a cent !

·
Registered
665 Posts
Yay! :) Glad you had fun! Happy belated birthday! :hb

·
Registered
112 Posts
That's wonderful! Happy belated birthday to you!

For some reason, birthdays always bring out anxiety in me (the whole, no one will remember/care thing) but I'm always pleasantly surprised. Sounds like you didn't have the worry, nor did you need to.

yay!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts