Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always had a strong faith in God.........I'm having some difficulties lately, when I say my prayers, as I'm halfway through, I'm finding I'm asking God to strike someone dead......NOT GOOD.

I often hear "Put your faith in God, and it will be OK".......I believe this....I believe "Good' prevails.......But how do we know........Things are going according to God's plan...........There is good, there is evil........

I'm not comfortable giving away too much information, but how do we know it's God's will being done, and not mere man taking the "law" into his own hands.............I hope someoe can follow this.

·
kept in His hands
1,334 Posts
This is a really good question Hema. I'm still trying to learn how to hear God's still small voice and follow His ways and not mine. Sometimes if there is something I'm wondering about, I'll pray to God about it and let Him know that I want His will for whatever the situation is and I'll try to recall some scripture that might pertain to what I'm dealing with, and then if I'm still not sure which way I should go, I seek out the counsel of friends or mentors I trust. Sometimes something they say will be confirmation to me. Even with all of that, at times I'm still clueless :stu

Here's a link to an article I found about knowing God's will. It might be of some help. It's written from a Christian point of view so take what you can use and leave the rest. :)

http://www.rbc.org/ds/q0704/

·
kept in His hands
1,334 Posts
Here's a prayer by Thomas Merton that I like and felt fit with the topic...

My Lord God,
I have no idea where I am going.
I do not see the road ahead of me.
I cannot know for certain where it will end.
Nor do I really know myself, and the fact
that I think that I am following your will
does not mean that I am actually doing so.
But I believe that the desire to please you
does in fact please you. And I hope I have
that desire in all that I am doing.
I hope that I will never do anything apart
from that desire. And I know that if I do
this you will lead me by the right road
though I may seem to be lost and in the
shadow of death. I will not fear, for you
will never leave me to face my perils alone.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
TruSeeker777, thanks for the link, and the prayer, it's very fitting;-)

Sprinter...........Very true.............I didn't look at it, in this manner. Actually, it's very fitting.
I know there are strong versus in the Bible on men that walk from their children. I just don't want my child hurt in this world;-)

Thank you for your excellent two cents, much for me to digest there.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi, God is always in control. It may not seem like it sometimes, for the reason that we all have free will. But if you turn over all of your emotions and questions, God will take control of your life. He wants you to be happy, and also has a great plan for you. But the only way for that to happen, is to completely trust him in times where it seems unfair. We all suffer, but the thing to remember is that suffering is a part of life. In order for God to shape us into the people he wants us to be, he has to put pressure on us. But the great thing about God, is that you can be happy in the worst of times, if you learn to open up to him and let go of all the things that keep you from him. He will fill you up with joy. He is very loving and forgiving, it is usually us that do not forgive ourselves and let go. Whether you have to let go of the past, what someone did to you or how much they hurt you, all the things that you want and don't have, and all your doubts. Those things are not from God, if you want to walk in the light, you can't keep the dark inside yourself. And if you have a hard time making these changes, just start praying that God will help you and show you the way.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree with this statement..........I know God doesn't want anyone to worry, trust in his will etc...............I accept this............Yet.......Same as "But".................There is a good force operating in this world, it is call God, there is an evil force operating in the world............
I have a hard time, accepting people that don't understand, there is man's law, then there is God's law.......People that want to follow man's law......Run the world that we live in.........

I can see where I need to pray more..............Writing this, I saw that.............

Thank you.

·
Registered
2,851 Posts
If someone has really done you wrong and you have a legitimate reason to be angry with them or even hate them I don't see anything wrong with that. I mean you have a good reason to be angry and if they never apologize or ask for your forgiveness as a christian I don't know if it is required that we forgive them.
I understand that forgiveness if very difficult...I have problems with anger and forgiveness like many people do. I know that I need to work on this , and the best way to begin is to think of God's Word...

1 John 4:20-21
20If anyone says, "I love God," yet hates his brother, he is a liar. For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen. 21And he has given us this command: Whoever loves God must also love his brother.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hmm.........I really hope God was using "Brother" as man kind;-))))

I need to practice the art of forgiveness very difficult when the party does the "same thing" over and over again.......... Yes, I agree, to forgive we will be forgiven, yet..........I also believe, if we do something wrong, and we ask God for forgivness, he will forigive us, but, if we KNOW something is "Wrong" and we keep doing it, knowing it's going to upset God............He's going to be angry.........Sure forgive, but, would I have to pay for that sin! (I believe yes we can be forgiven, doesn't mean we don't pay for our sins, like a parent loving a child..)

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
WalkbyFaith said:
If someone has really done you wrong and you have a legitimate reason to be angry with them or even hate them I don't see anything wrong with that. I mean you have a good reason to be angry and if they never apologize or ask for your forgiveness as a christian I don't know if it is required that we forgive them.
I understand that forgiveness if very difficult...I have problems with anger and forgiveness like many people do. I know that I need to work on this , and the best way to begin is to think of God's Word...

1 John 4:20-21
20If anyone says, "I love God," yet hates his brother, he is a liar. For anyone who does not love his brother, whom he has seen, cannot love God, whom he has not seen. 21And he has given us this command: Whoever loves God must also love his brother.
I know in some places, or maybe it's a different translation of that verse,where it says it is wrong to hate someone without a cause. But I was thinking of this verse/parable when I was thinking it wasn't wrong to want vengeance for some legitimate wrong that was done to you.
Luk 18:1 And he spake a parable unto them to the end that they ought always to pray, and not to faint; saying, There was in a city a judge, who feared not God, and regarded not man: and there was a widow in that city; and she came oft unto him, saying, Avenge me of mine adversary. And he would not for a while: but afterward he said within himself, Though I fear not God, nor regard man; yet because this widow troubleth me, I will avenge her, lest she wear me out by her continual coming. And the Lord said, Hear what the unrighteous judge saith. And shall not God avenge his elect, that cry to him day and night, and yet he is longsuffering over them? I say unto you, that he will avenge them speedily. Nevertheless, when the Son of man cometh, shall he find faith on the earth?
Edit: maybe it was this one I was thinking of.

Joh 15:25 But this cometh to pass, that the word may be fulfilled that is written in their law, They hated me without a cause.

·
You can do this!
4,464 Posts
Man, that's hard. I honestly probably wouldn't be able to forgive someone for a long time, if I were to the point where I wanted to see them die. I don't want anyone dead in my life right now but maybe someday I will feel that hurt.

·
Registered
7 Posts
What's worked for me, is when I'm very angry at someone, to the point where it interrupts my prayers, it's happened before, I do something that was suggested to me.

Pray for this person or place for 2 weeks, everyday. Pray for them to be happy, pray for everything good that you want, to be given to them. I promise, in 2 weeks, you may not completely forgive this person (might be something you need to work on with a therapist) but you're resentment against them and anger will have greatly decreased, and it won't keep you up at night anymore and things like that.:)

I'm currently working on praying for my ex for two weeks, he has my 1500 dollar guitar and won't give it back. He had the nerve to change his number and move.:( And none of his friends will give me his new address...so I'm working on that right now.

Good luck, and remember, god's always there, even at your highest points of rage. When he seems far away, guess who moved?:p

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
That's excellent advice. I try, then I choke. Right now, I'm praying that my anger subsides.
I'm being vague, but I was told "You can't turn your back on......." No, I can't, because if I turn my back, I"m going to get a knife in it! I know we're supposed to turn the other cheek.........I know this.........I'm so tired, of having the same person, attempt hurt over and over again........."It's aint right."............It's never ending with these two people that are the nemesis of my life.........I'm tired of the drama, I'm tired of being held hostage and my daughter used as a pawn "Be a good girl or else."
I continue to pray for my anger to subside, I'm severely angry...... I still pray, that bad things happens.............Trying to get past that point.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts