Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
995 Posts
That is so weird. I don't understand why he would be acting like that now at all. Personally, I would try to forget about him if he's going to act like that. Even if there was a chance he liked you, acting like that would anger me too much for me to bother with him anymore.

·
Soothsayer
4,756 Posts
Sounds like his opinion is swayed by his friends. If his friends don't like you. He doesn't like you. Even if he does.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Touch him and see if he starts touching you back.
That says a lot actually. He tends to tease my best friend a lot. Thanks!

Sounds like his opinion is swayed by his friends. If his friends don't like you. He doesn't like you. Even if he does.
Maybe. Guys do that? Some of his nerdy friends like me. This guy who teased in particular was just a random guy. Sorry for the irrelevant detail. haha

·
Registered
331 Posts
This guy acts so strangely that his actions could be interpreted in million ways. Maybe he likes you and his hiding his likeness for you by treating you terribly (totally idiotic way to do it)? Maybe he's just wants to tease you because you look easy to win over? Maybe he wants to have a platonic relationship with you, but he's conflicted with whatever bad gossip he heard about you? I would forget this guy as he sounds like one bad mind game.

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
Hi!

I know this is silly, gathering opinions from outsiders, but I need some guy input and opinions. I don't have any close guy friends, or friends, to talk to about this. What's even more silly is that I still am wondering over this guy even to this day.

He's a kind guy. He's friendly as well. He's respectful and nice to just about everyone. He's catholic. Also, he's a studious kind of guy. Anyways, few months ago, we hung out a few times and we listened to music in each other's car a lot -- basically flirting. Sat together for lunch. Things he never did with any other girl I've seen. It was around the time of a upcoming dance. I was so sure he was going to ask me, but he asked another girl (not a friend of mine). I don't understand... He is known to be a nice guy, but it just stumps me. What's with the hanging out in cars and asking to eat with him a few times?

I get that a guy loses interest but. Now, after graduation, and we're both in the same college. It was a meeting for all freshmans to attend. I was there. He saw me first and approached me while I was doing something else. He had friends to talk to but approached me. He initiated a conversation. And then some guy was teasing him about us.

After a few weeks, He just pretends I'm not around. Completely ignores me. Not even a friendly greeting? That one time I said "hi" to him first on college grounds, he looked really cold at me and not even a smile. Then later during the day, he was calling after me and smiling. I don't understand...

So how can you tell if a guy likes you? A friendly guy who is just about nice to everyone?

Any opinion is fine (female or male), I just want to to know from a guy's perspective. Thanks for reading! I just am stuck on wondering about this guy. Usually, I can depict a guy's interest in me, but I can't figure out this one. Maybe I'm just being silly haha. I also feel embarrassed because I've been mulling over this for a while now. I want to quit thinking about this haha. So... yeah.

Thanks for reading haha!
I hate to admit it but last year or the year before I did this to a girl.......now I was only in 8th grade.....but when I heard what people were saying about her I ran like hell.........these people weren't my friends but she was creepy as hell too so I just ran like hell.....when I first met her I was very interested though but then I began distancing myself from her......now that I think about it this may have been what happened with this girl I really liked a couple months ago only she did it to me instead

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
This guy acts so strangely that his actions could be interpreted in million ways. Maybe he likes you and his hiding his likeness for you by treating you terribly (totally idiotic way to do it)? Maybe he's just wants to tease you because you look easy to win over? Maybe he wants to have a platonic relationship with you, but he's conflicted with whatever bad gossip he heard about you? I would forget this guy as he sounds like one bad mind game.
Ugh. Mind games. hahah. Sounds good to me!

I hate to admit it but last year or the year before I did this to a girl.......now I was only in 8th grade.....but when I heard what people were saying about her I ran like hell.........these people weren't my friends but she was creepy as hell too so I just ran like hell.....when I first met her I was very interested though but then I began distancing myself from her......now that I think about it this may have been what happened with this girl I really liked a couple months ago only she did it to me instead
Ohhh. I see. So technically, a lost of interest. Win some, lose some I suppose haha

·
Registered
98 Posts
I don't know if I agree with j. If that was the case he wouldvevrun sooner. This guy sounds a lot likecacfriend of mine actually. My friend is really obsessed with looking cool for his friends and almost as obsessed with getting girls. In this situation my friend would've ended up going to the dance with someone he thought was an easier target rather than risk being seen alone. He would also do things like talk **** about his girlfriends to his friends and act much colder when we were around. Your guy might still be interested in you but he certainly would be an unhealthy person to date. Also I could be wrong and your guy could be nothing like my friend. I don't know hi. So I have to guess.

·
Registered
8,575 Posts
I think a mistake all of us (male and female) often make when trying to ascribe meaning to other's actions is to assume that they are always acting with a specific purpose or goal in mind - that they have a plan, and their actions are carefully thought out and deliberate.

Very often that's not the case.

·
Registered
2,829 Posts
if I like a girl I will not talk to her I wont even smile just walk right pass other guys I would not have a clue

·
SAS Member
Public Universal Enemy
43,360 Posts
It's usually pretty obvious, guys tend to be more straight forward than women. It might be that he'd considered dating you and then found he liked that other girl more and just moved on. Sorry to be blunt, it's happened to me before lol, so these things do happen.

After a few weeks, He just pretends I'm not around. Completely ignores me. Not even a friendly greeting? That one time I said "hi" to him first on college grounds, he looked really cold at me and not even a smile. Then later during the day, he was calling after me and smiling. I don't understand...
That part does sound odd though.

But you'll just drive yourself insane thinking about it, so unless you want to ask him out, I'd stop analysing him and just forget about it.

·
Registered
446 Posts
That says a lot actually. He tends to tease my best friend a lot. Thanks!

Maybe. Guys do that? Some of his nerdy friends like me. This guy who teased in particular was just a random guy. Sorry for the irrelevant detail. haha
Women do it also ;-)

He could just be shy, or maybe he thought you were not interested in him like that. there is only 1 way to be sure ;-)

·
6,040 Posts
I don't know about others. If I like someone very much and I am familiar with her, I will just tell her. I am stupidly honest anyway.

·
Audacious romantic
4,496 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Puhahah. I like it blunt. I just was curious to what other things people would say and needed to let it out in some way. But, interests come and go. lol I was jus curious about him. Thanks guys and girls :)

·
Still playing.
7,256 Posts
I think a mistake all of us (male and female) often make when trying to ascribe meaning to other's actions is to assume that they are always acting with a specific purpose or goal in mind - that they have a plan, and their actions are carefully thought out and deliberate.

Very often that's not the case.
I agree. He might've just talked to you because he felt like it in that moment, we can't know. There really might've been no other motive other than politeness, who knows? I wouldn't worry about it so much, if you want to talk to him more then try talking to him. I wouldn't worry about interest though based on that stuff.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts