Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

How to talk to a girl I like?

201 views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  wanderer13 
#1 ·
So here is my situation, There is a girl in my leactures I find very attractive. She seems a bit quiet but not SA. I don't know how to speak to her and its tormenting me!

I don't even know if she likes me or is in a relationship or not. I probably have no chance with her but if so I want to know that so I can move on. I can't stand not knowing if there is a possibility for love or not.

I don't have an excuse to talk to her because i dont sit near her and have no reason to approch her and she is usually with friends. Lectures are the only place I see her. How can I talk to her and finaly resolve this without seeming creepy?

Please give me some advice.

#2 ·
Hmmm... is she ever on her own before or after lectures? I'm terrible at that kind of thing but I'd imagine talking about something related to your course would be the easiest way to break the ice... if you can find a valid reason to. Someone will probably tell me that's completely wrong though!

If you knew her name then facebook stalking would be the quickest way to find out if you're wasting your time or not, lol.

Hope someone gives you some more useful advice :)

#3 ·
Thank you for replying paragon. she is rearly on her own and tends to arrive just before the lecture starts and leave afterwards so there is not much chance. I have looked at her facebook but cant find out much there is a pic were she is with a guy but there not touching or anything it could be a friend or family member. Finding a reason to approch is hard though. i just want to resolve this I don't want to look back and wonder if i missed an opportunity.

#6 ·
Just have the confidence to spark a little conversation, you have absolutely NOTHING to loose from this and potentially a lot to gain. Rule 1 tho, do not get your hopes up at all only allow yourself to acknowledge that YOU still have YOU no matter the outcome.

#7 ·
You're only attracted to her for her looks at the moment, which isn't true feelings. That can help you relax, stay calm and cool when you initiate a conversation with her.

Ask her about a subject in class. i.e. "Do you know what's for homework?," "What were the pages to read?" Then gradually talk to her about her day, or what she's up to for the weekend. You can get to know her this way, might find out if she's already taken, however. Be genuine about it though, as if you're really trying to get to know a person better.

Don't prolong this "get to know her" period too long, maybe a couple of weeks. If she doesn't have a BF or hasn't mentioned one, then ask her out on a date or just to hang out.

Everybody, every situation is different so you're most likely going to have to figure it out on your own. My advice or everybody's advice could lead to a positive or negative result.

#9 ·
Showing interest in someone is not creepy,it's the most normal thing actually.

I can totally relate to the feeling of "i cant stand now knowing if i got a chance" that you are speaking of. You are viewing this the wrong way (speaking of "finally resolving" this) though but that's normal, i was exactly like that too! There is no final resolution: You will try to chat her, see how she reacts.This will prolly leads to more maybes (aka still not a final resolution) and you will chat with her some more. You will face your fears and evolve. The ONLY solution to this is to actually approach her and FIND OUT. You got nothing to lose, you have onlly to gain from this situation. This is not a black/white situation....she doesnt either like you or not like you. Maybe she finds you attractive, maybe she doesnt....at both cases you still have to talk to her to create attraction

I would propably talk to her just as the lecture ends. You can ask sth lecture related or you can even be more upfront and joke about something that was mentioned in the lecture and created an effect in the classroom, something weird about her (like she's dressed in your favourite team colours). You might feel uncomfortable about such stuff but the ONLY way to feel comfortable is to actually do them.

Again, there is nothing creepy with showing interest and there is nothing creepy about being a bit uncomfortable/akward when showing interest (actually lots girls will find it cute). There is also nothing creepy/wrong with having your interest rejected....the ones that get the most girls usually have also faced the most rejections:) Have fun!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.