Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The Phoenix
381 Posts
First of all, EAT and then get some SLEEP. It may not help with the depression too much, but depriving yourself like that isn't going to make your situation any better. What are your hobbies? I would suggest trying to do those even if you have to force yourself to do so. You won't feel like doing it at first but once you get started it will help out if only a little bit. Finally, I would at least try talking to your friend. Don't be confrontational, but I don't think you could go wrong with a simple "Hey we haven't really hung out as much lately" and then try suggesting something to do. From personal experience I've noticed that people respond to other people who do things. Hope that helps and things get better for you.

·
Registered
14,599 Posts
Its good to see you back on SAS, LoneLioness, despite your current dilemma.

You are suffering from breakup syndrome; the hardest thing that can be known to mankind.

There is no easy fix; it takes time.

Nothing I could possibly say can make it better. I have been broken up with and I know how you feel. It felt like the end of the world to me. Really, it did. I couldnt imagine how life could go on. I just wanted to die....and I am not kidding.

But you do go on and slowly it gets better.

I dont know the details of your relationship or your break up but it couldnt be any worse than the stories I have.....maybe equal but not worse.

Hang in there girl....time does wonders. :hug

·
Banned
2,689 Posts
For the past few days due to the only friend I had cutting me off and hating me I've sunk into the deepest depression ever and don't know how to get out of it. I don't just mean I'm feeling sad, I literally can't even do anything but lay down and try to sleep (nerves prevent me from getting much though) and come online and whine about it. I haven't eaten in 3 days and I've slept like 6 hours total in the past 3 days. I've had a few sips of water and seem to be vomitting it up, heck I'm even vomitting air up now. Has anyone ever been able to drag themselves out of this and if so what helped?
There's a theory that depression is anger turned inward. I don't think that explains the whole thing, but I wonder if it explains what you are going through right now. Maybe your friend is in the wrong and you are secretly enraged at how she is treating you and are turning all that anger into depression to hide it. Maybe you need to have a good shouting match with your old friend, or at least yell and punch the pillow a few times.

·
Improving
987 Posts
As others have said, you need to eat and you need to force yourself to do something to take your mind off the situation. If there is something you really enjoy, force yourself to do it. Treat yourself to your favorite food. Take a long walk or exercise or watch a funny movie as these release endorphins in the brain and cause euphoric feelings. Exercise will also help you sleep.

You can't wait for it to go away to start doing things because doing things is the only way it is going to go away. I hope you get through the worst of it soon.

·
Banned
40 Posts
I have read your other Threads on this.
There is no short cut on this but you will get better with time as I mention already at the other thread. Try to be with people for now, seek out close people and talk with them about it. Try not to be alone.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I think I agree with the earlier comment about being angry. I think you are angry and hurt by the anger. I know that when I finally get to a point where I can trust someone and they don't live up to that trust I feel my world come apart at the seams. When that happens I am livid that I even let someone that close to me. I get so angry that I stop eating and start sleeping alot or vegging in front of the TV more (if that's at all possible). You need to get rid of your anger and start back into food via liquids, Gatorade or/and broth. Last thing you want is to dehydrate and have to be put in the hospital. You can survive and be nourished by liquids, not forever but long enough to get your will and your constitution back. Find peace again that you are okay and that you weren't duped; he just wasn't the friend or partner that you needed. You really do deserve a kindred spirit. I am sorry he wasn't it but it will get better, one hour at a time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts