Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How to raise your self-esteem, the proven, action
Branden, Nathaniel

This book helped me alot with my life, the author has alot of experience and i think he has wrote this book perfectly to help people with low self esteem/confidence etc.

Theres lots of sentence completion tasks in this book. Its a chore but there worth doing if you seriously want to change your life in a positive way.

·
Registered
91 Posts
What changes did you see? How is your self-esteem better now than it was before?

I'm very curious because I read his books, and I didn't get any benefit from them at all.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I read that book about a year ago. I didn't like it too much because it lacked substance & depth--despite the author's verbose prose.

Perhaps, I will revisit it in the future; maybe, I'll have a different opinion then.

·
SAS's Chief Meteorologist
7,539 Posts
I read Branden's "Six Pillars of Self-esteem." It helped me understand the concepts behind improving your self-esteem, but his techniques didn't help me much. The techniques defined in the ACT workbook: "Get Out Of Your Mind and Into Your Life" worked pretty well for me in conjunction with Branden's theories.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts