·
Retired Enforcer
19,112 Posts
Kiss the boss!

·
Registered
154,233 Posts
Kiss the boss!
Now now....you can be sued for that - police state.

....probably the only "lovin'" the boss would get; don't flatter her/him :lol

·
Registered
984 Posts
Go to work stoned. :stu
That dosen't really work with every job, I was perpetually stoned/drunk for my entire shift at a fastfood job to get through taking other stoned/drunk peoples abuse all night. The bosses never said anything, never cared even when I was nodding off as long as I was doing something.

From experience i'll tell the op to have another job lined up. Depending on whether or not you need the reference either give 2 wks notice or be the hero of every person who's been fired recently with no warning and walk out during the busiest part of the day.

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Go to work stoned. :stu
My boss smokes weed so I'm not sure if that would work.

I technically already have another job. I'm just not very good at quitting. I'm too nice to quit and I'll feel bad making him have to find someone else. I just can't work at this job anymore.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
Quitting isn't easy. I plan to quit soon.

It's the uncomfortable "Here's my resignation letter. I'm putting in my two weeks" conversation that I dread the most. I have to find my boss and ask to talk to her privately :afr , and then tell her that I'm leaving even though they're currently short people as it is. :sigh I'm not looking forward to any of it.

I'm hoping they don't ask too many questions about my plans because they're the most judgmental, gossipy people in the world. I know they'll criticize my plans, and talk about me behind my back (which is one of the reasons I hate working here.) I'm also worried that they'll try to talk me into giving more than two weeks. I just want out! As soon as possible! But I fear the disappointment and backlash that I might be in for.

My advice is to do it as soon as possible so you can get it over with already. Sort of like ripping off a band-aid. Good luck!

·
Retired Enforcer
19,112 Posts
Now now....you can be sued for that - police state.

....probably the only "lovin'" the boss would get; don't flatter her/him :lol
Who knows, you could get a promotion out of it. :b

·
Registered
523 Posts
Just tell him you've enjoyed it (even if you haven't) but feel it's time to move on.

Always leave on good terms - you never know when you may need him/her again (surely you'll need references in the future) :)

·
Registered
625 Posts
I totally understand the having trouble quitting thing. I felt the same way with my last job. But they had no problems filling the position. I found someone for them within a day. So, for all the time I spend worrying about it, it really wasn't a big deal. Just tell them you enjoyed your time and give them a few weeks notice. Nothing else is required or even expected by most businesses.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
I've never quit a job before but I always figured that if it came down to that, I'd probably just do it via email. Walking into the bosses office and asking to speak privately seems like something that would give me an instant panic attack to the point where I wouldn't even be able to speak.

·
SnotRocketTime
404 Posts
Depends, do you just want to be done with it or do you want to go out with style? :lol
:lol that reminds me of this one supervisor i had at a restaurant i worked at in my late teens. this gal was cool as heck. one day during a busy lunch the manager was being an *** to her and she flipped. she grabbed the biggest to go cup in the place, walked over to the beer taps, filled it up and chugged it. then filled it up again and said F-U to the manager and walked out. the whole place saw this go down, it was so awesome.

·
Banned
112 Posts
ive only quit one job gave them a two week notice, then told them what i really felt. and boy did it feel good. didnt need a reference or anything so wasnt burning any bridges.

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
My last job I put a note on my supervisors desk, but I worked 2nd shift when the witch wasn't there. :lol

·
Registered
63 Posts
No telling me I shouldn't allowed.

How do I quit my job?
I'm the worst person to ask.
My usual modus operandi consists of remaining at a job until I'm far beyond my breaking point, and then one day just dropping everything and walking out without a word, often in tears.
Then I'm usually too embarrassed to return for my last paycheck, so I just forfeit it.
Then I get another job and pray I'll never run into any of my former coworkers ever again.

I wouldn't advise any of that, however.

·
Protector of the Den
15,048 Posts
I tried to quit to saying that I wanted to go to college. My employer just asked me if I could maybe work less hours instead. I hate my job and wish I would have stuck to quiting. The awful day that caused my trying to quit is what inspired me to go to college. Some jerk, who didn't like my slow speeds, called my supervisor and claimed I was speeding through construction zones, etc. He claimed to be some legal authority(can't remember the title) related to the construction and that he could have given me a ticket. My supervisor then radioed and started hollering at me. It didn't help that previously I had gotten a speeding ticket that I really deserved. I knew who had called my supervisor, because a construction vehicle had been tailgating me for miles :( Seemed to be ordinary workers with cones in the back of their truck. I was having many other problems with the job, so this pushed me over the edge. If my supervisor hadn't known my real reason for trying to quit, maybe she wouldn't have felt bad and tried so hard to keep me.

I might try quiting again

1 - 20 of 24 Posts