Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At school, I don't exactly have a group of friends to hang around with at break and such. There is a group I would really like to start hanging with because I know some of the members and they seem quite welcoming and accepting. The trouble is I don't know where to start. A few of them are in some of my classes so an obvious step would be to talk to them more. It's just I feel shy and I don't know what to say. I am quite a funny person but I lack confidence sometimes. My social anxiety isn't too bad tbh, it used to be a lot worse but I really want to become friendly and more outgoing.
I just don't know how to build it up. Obviously I need to take it slowly but the thought of just going up to them at lunch, I always chicken out and think "I'll do it tomorrow". Also I don't know if this is a good idea. I'd like to speak to them more in classes but I get nervous. I know I am being silly; if I don't say anything they will think worse of me than if I start talking to them.
Ughh :blank I know pretty much everyone here understands. Anyone got any tips? Has anyone else been through this before and succeeded?

Thanks x

·
Registered
39 Posts
Okay, start with a compliment. Approach one of the st udents and find something flattering to say on their hair, wardrobe, makeup, or anything. Girls like compliments. Or ask what they are trying to major in is a starter.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts