Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am making a lot of progress in thinking rationally and not allowing others have so much power over my emotions. However, because of so much time spent in isolation, I am very immature when it comes to social skills. I find that a lot of people who are "talkative" just talk for the sake of it. I find myself disinterested in about 90% of the topics discussed that I am asked to participate in. Anyway, I would like to develop better social skills because there are obviously many advantages that go along with it, such as making friends which I have not had since high school (10 years ago). Is there any book or resource any of you have come across that can help me in this area. I would appreciate any feedback.

·
Banned
497 Posts
I am making a lot of progress in thinking rationally and not allowing others have so much power over my emotions. However, because of so much time spent in isolation, I am very immature when it comes to social skills. I find that a lot of people who are "talkative" just talk for the sake of it. I find myself disinterested in about 90% of the topics discussed that I am asked to participate in. Anyway, I would like to develop better social skills because there are obviously many advantages that go along with it, such as making friends which I have not had since high school (10 years ago). Is there any book or resource any of you have come across that can help me in this area. I would appreciate any feedback.
the are lts of books that tach social skills and they are very good:

*win friends and influence people by dale carnagi
*how to make anyone like yuo in 10 seconds or less (dont know the author)
*conversation magic (ebook)

also thinkrghtnow's ''win friends and influence people '' cdis by far the best tool for developing social skills. its so much more powerful than a book cos it literaly change your thoughts emotions, and behaviour. all a book does is give you knowledge

lots of obese people KNOW exactly how to lose weight but that doesnt mean they apply that knowledge

1 - 4 of 4 Posts