Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to stop being miserable.

It's so difficult though when no one wants to be my friend and I see everyone else on facebook always posting photos of their outings with friends and showing off their social lives. I'm an introvert but I like having friends too... but it just doesn't seem to be happening for me.

Right now things are good because one of my friends who went away for school is back for the summer so I have a best friend of sorts. But how do I continue to be happy when he's gone come fall? How can I accept being alone and focusing on my own life instead of living by other people's standards of happiness?

·
Registered
5 Posts
That is the most challenging thing to learn to not compare ourselves to others, and facebook showcases all of that. I got off facebook for a while because I had a friendship end that was really big. The time off helped. It let me get through a tough time on my own and not be envious of what others are doing. I got back on and it was like I had never left and I was happy to see all the people I had missed.

Friends leaving can be a very difficult thing. You have to be strong and push yourself. One of my yoga teachers always says "Life is a choice and feeling pain or letting it go is a choice" Choose to let go of the fear, put yourself out there and see what happens.

·
Banned
126 Posts
Take some time out for yourself. Treat yourself to something, whatever it may be, enjoy yourself and celebrate. That way you could learn that its possible to enjoy your life with and without other people.

Facebook is always going to be like that. Number one thing know about it before joining is that its a narcissist farm. The people there constantly and selectively posting snapshots of their lives in hopes that other people would notice. I could imagine that if a person who normally gets 100+ likes on most their photos suddenly began to get less than 10, they would be in the same situation as you are. Probably thinking that something has changed/became less desirable about them.

Don't waste your time with Facebook anyway, its garbage!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts