Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a project that I am working on I have to deal with very large files something like 1-2 GB. Do you know any text editor that I can open those files with?

Thanks

·
SAS Veteran
1,841 Posts
Do you mean like a Word document or what type of files are we talking about?

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Text editors open most of them, I have been using notepad++ but some of them are really huge.

The extension of the files are .ts and they include transaction data such price stock code size of order etc.

·
···---···
3,375 Posts
The extension of the files are .ts and they include transaction data such price stock code size of order etc.
I would try to use a .dbf editor rather than a text editor. It sounds like your data could fit into attributes for records (as columns) and that naturally works better as a database file. And if you need to do things like sort your records or search through them, life will be easier if you use a database editor. This assumes of course, that there's some 'form' to your file and that it's not just a long string of data. If, for example, you have headers for the data following it, you could import your file into a dbf editor.

If you want to try this option, do a search for free dbf editors. There are a few of them out there. I've only used proprietary ones but they can easily handle 2 or more gig files. I can't comment on any particular free ones as I haven't used them.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok I find a program called ltfviewer. Now I am able to open the files now. Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1 or 2 gigs is very large?
Every time I come here I feel like I need to apologize in the end, I mean the geek central. It is insane lol

I am sorry Sir, I called 1 gb text files very large lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.