Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm on a family vacation but we're unfortunately not staying at a hotel. We're staying over at an aunt's house & this is my first time meeting her. I was very happy to be going away with my family & I thought it would be fun but my aunt is just pure evil.

She is completely fake :l she'll be kind to me when my family is there but she's horrible to me when we're alone like she insults me indirectly and bullies me but no one witnesses because it isn't psysical.

It get's worse! I built the courage to confront her but she's two faced towards me by denying it and making excuses & pretending to be very kind :mum

It get's even worse! I told my family about it and they think it's in my head because of my social anxiety. :/ They think it's all in my head! This aunt is going to drive me insane I can't stand her.

I don't take medication but I wish I started before this vacation.
Any tips or advice? What should I do!? :(

·
Registered
37 Posts
Some sorta advice

I'm on a family vacation but we're unfortunately not staying at a hotel. We're staying over at an aunt's house & this is my first time meeting her. I was very happy to be going away with my family & I thought it would be fun but my aunt is just pure evil.

She is completely fake :l she'll be kind to me when my family is there but she's horrible to me when we're alone like she insults me indirectly and bullies me but no one witnesses because it isn't psysical.

It get's worse! I built the courage to confront her but she's two faced towards me by denying it and making excuses & pretending to be very kind :mum

It get's even worse! I told my family about it and they think it's in my head because of my social anxiety. :/ They think it's all in my head! This aunt is going to drive me insane I can't stand her.

I don't take medication but I wish I started before this vacation.
Any tips or advice? What should I do!? :(
Hey there, why don't you record what she's saying when she's mean, and play it to the family later when they don't believe you? Or you could just get up and leave the room when she's in it to avoid confrontation. Or you could be indirectly sarcastic back at her when she insults you...bullies can usually dish it but they can't take it. The first two points are maybe the best way to go though if you want to avoid confrontation. Good luck! :)

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
Hey there, why don't you record what she's saying when she's mean, and play it to the family later when they don't believe you?
I'd personally try doing this. Mobile phones often have record functions theses days. Can't stand folk telling me stuff is only in my head, when it obviously is not. Good luck.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'm in a similar sort of situation with my older sister, though thankfully my parents completely understand the way she is and what I'm going through.

I found the best way to deal with my sister's bullying is to not so much ignore it, but react to it calmly and passively. (Even though on the inside I'd like to give it right back to her. :/ )

People like that thrive on your reactions, so in short don't give her what she's looking for. It's far more effective than yelling back at her, or confronting her over the issue, which like my sister she'll obviously deny any wrong doing anyway. The next time she makes a comment or insult, just tell her okay, whatever and leave the situation.

It's probably not the best advice, but it's worked for me so far and it's far less upsetting when it comes to my social anxiety than a full out confrontation. I hope everything works out for you soon and you get to enjoy your vacation. Good luck.

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
Recording sounds good. Also, is it possible for you to not be around her on your own? It shouldn't be hard as you are there for a short period anyway...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts