Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
1,634 Posts
Make shyness cute...or find a context or scenario where shyness is actually appreciated.
But then you are dancing and singing...making a video?? That doesn't sound too shy.

·
Gone, Never Coming Back
4,863 Posts
Keep pursuing your dreams and stay extremely dedicated. Many shy and anxious people have become celebrities by practicing and perfecting their art. It's what sets them apart from your average wannabe celebrity. Those are people who have no talent but think they deserve a free ride.

I act in theatre, and recently started doing more backstage work. I'm also considering taking singing and dance lessons, once I become comfortable enough to do it and sign up. If anything, I actually appreciate that I have anxiety, because I feel a huge sense of pride and relief when I'm finally able to do the things I was too afraid to do before.

Adults admire me because of how committed and dedicated I am. A stage manager for a play once said to me while giving me a ride home that you gain a reputation at the theatre and that talent alone does not get you anywhere. She said they would be more likely to choose me to work on their plays because they know that I'm easy to work with and that I have a good attitude. I make sure I let people know that, even if people my age think that is lame.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts