Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my experience of life time mental illness , i have used most antidepressants, not maoi,s as i fear your entering a world of no return on these. A lot of poster,s in only my opinion are takeing the wrong meds, an far to big a dose. I class S.A as one of the illnesses i have, not the illness. I mean have you seen the list of so called mental illness,s that have sprung up in the last 10 years. Take a look at a forum called PSYCHFORUMS, they have near on 70 yes 70 disorder,s for people to ask about. Do you think a gp has a list of over 70 disorders to look for in a paitent. There is to be a cull on these so called disorder,s by the medical board , as they reolise people love to have a label , an an so called illness springs up overnight. They are going to scale them down an lump them into smaller catagories, You see all these illnesses are symptoms of anxierty, ocd, or depression, thats all the names you need. Believe it or not social anxierty comes pretty low in a shrinks thinking , an very rare you will get to see a NHS shrink for just SA. Now if you have cronic depression , also you will have 20 of the so called illness,es with it like OCD, cronic anxierty, sleep disorder, SA ect ect. So if you have just one of these illnesses you are pretty lucky, an dont have depression.NOW when it comes to meds, cronic depression needs the aggressive aproach, first they need to numb your brain, to level the thought process ,a low dose of an antidepressant an a benzo to combat side effects an chill you.Then raise you antidepressant to a level that is theraputic to you. Its no use takeing 200mg of a med when 100 is all you need, that just creaties more probs. Now sit back an fight the battle. You wont be able to work with this illness ,you brain wont let you. That is a good indicator of the level of illness if you can work you have mild depression or anxierty.Now social anxierty is best cured by exposure to the problem, an sometimes a stiff drink to chill, or at worst times a benzo for major exposer. Dont forget normal people **** themself at social events . I fronted a crap rock band an was frozen with fear until the adrenalin pumped me.Dont go down the antidepressant route unless really ill . An if you do stick to the weaker ones like ssris , But i swear down if not really ill, these meds will make you ill. If you are ill its the only help you really have to stablize.Once your doc thinks your in remission, you have 2 choises, come of the med gradually an hope for the end, or stay on the med at a low dose so you reduce the chance of another attack. I prefer the latter, as i have crashed after treatment was withdrawn. Its like keeping yourself on the back burner an hopeing you dont get to the front one with the most heat. I take 75mg of a drug that should be when in depression 150mg to 200. loose it all togeather and it may bite back, prevention is the best cure.:yes:yes:yes

1 - 1 of 1 Posts