Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
768 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know, I know, this is a trivial strange question. But as someone with SA, I often obsess over the smallest things when it comes to communicating with people.

Here's the deal, I have a cousin who is getting married. I have only talked with/seen her once in the past 23 years due mainly to geographical distance. I recently started talking with her a little on facebook. She sent me a wedding invitation. I'm sending a greeting card back.

My question is, do you guys think it would be odd to sign the card "Love, Jeff". Or should I use a less personal sign like "all the best" or similar? I know she's my cousin, but I feel I don't know her at all.

BTW, I think about this kind of stuff a lot, even with my own family, crazy huh?

Thoughts?

·
Registered
103 Posts
I worry about those things too.

I would just write something safe and generic, such as, "Best Wishes on your Wedding Day" and sign, "Your cousin, Jeff"

·
Registered
784 Posts
Whenever I have to sign a card that a bunch of other people signed (for a funeral or a promotion or whatever), I just sign my name. I'm sure "all the best" is more than good enough.

·
HaloOfDarkness
608 Posts
Something personal! What would you want somebody to say to you that you hardly know or that you haven't seen in eons. Write what you feel. "Wish I had known you better or wish I could have spent more time with you" and then something congratulating her on her wedding. I remember writing out my sisters wedding card and I was at a loss for words. I had no idea what to write, I wrote like three sentences and it wasn't anything that made any sense. It was more humorous then anything else. I wish I had written something more personal but I suck at writing.

·
SAS Member
31,286 Posts
She probably won't notice, but I would probably keep it more generic. That way it's still sincere, and you won't keep yourself awake at night wondering if "Love Jeff" was too much.

·
In my shiny bubble
2,428 Posts
Say "Hi, we haven't seen each other for ages! But i want you to know I am thinking about you and I wish you all the best on your wedding day. Love Jeff

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
You're going to think about this for hours, but your cousin will spend 0.000001 seconds looking at the card. Write whatever you want.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts