Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Dress however you wish. Don't let others tell you how you should feel or who you should be. You can't assume people know more than you do, especially when it comes to you.

·
Down the rabbit hole
4,499 Posts

·
permanently barnacled
4,801 Posts
overjealous Cowboy boots, jeans sideways belt, button up shirt, cowboy hat.:blank

·
Banned
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So are you/them of latin heritage?... Its just really the shirt everone have jeans.
Yes mixed, central american and south american (brazil)
You basically described how gangsters dress and my dumb cousins dress exactly like that lol

·
Banned
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I can relate OP. I had to make a very conscious effort to not dress like a homeless everywhere I went last year.

Couple of tips:

Copy outfits/emulate outfits: Copying them is easier and you should let professionals do their job. Find outfits you like and can look good on you and get the whole look. Can be a bit expensive but you don't need a new outfit every week. Once you have say, 3-4 of certain styles you can mix and match a lot easier.

Find what looks good on you: Say I'm only 5'9 150 lbs so (while you can always look good if you have taste) you can't expect things a 6'3 person wears look exactly the same on your proportions. You need to learn (if you are a bit serious and put some time into this) some measurements like, the best inseam for your height for example, etc so you know best what you are looking for when you buy. Your style also has to do with your personality/what you do. Are you lazy? Do you like to put things together fast? What sort of places do you go to? etc.

Get classic stuff you can mix with anything: A lot of this has to do with your style and the tip above this one. But there are somethings that you can probably take out of this like shoes. There are shoes of all styles that go with everything. I got white ben shermans, keds, low top converses, first boat shoes just to name a few. All of these shoes are classic and go with everything. Same for pants and shirts.

Get some wrist/neck/accessory action: some watches. If you can't afford expensive watches stick to leather strap ones (in my opinion). You can get bracelets, chains if you know what to wear with them.

Buying Individual piece vs Outfit: I think I have switched to buying whole outfits for the simple fact that it makes buying new clothing so much easier. It is a bit more expensive but I started completely from the bottom on this issue (my wardrobe). A year ago I was rocking crocks everywhere. I got so tired of this because your appearance really matters as to how people see you. My recommendation if you are trying to put together a whole closet to stop looking like a homeless? Buy whole outfits. You don't have to buy 100 but in a few months if you are constant with it you will have great clothing combos to go anywhere
Wow thanks!!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

I've never seen a hispanic person, but I guess that's how.
That's actually pretty offensive and those are mexican ranchers.
Basically the hillbillies of mexico.
There are dozens of countries with totally different cultures who look nothing like that, there are many south american countries where the people are indistinguishable from Europeans.

I'm not offended but you might offend some mexicans with that pic, just saying

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
i usually just wear black... all the time. i am Hispanic as well :yes

Attachments

·
Banned
1,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Lol that's the first image that popped into my mind when I saw the word "Hispanic". I've never even seen a hispanic person in real life.

Anyway, if they get offended by a picture posted on a social anxiety site then they probably have deeper issues than social anxiety.
You seriously haven't seen a hispanic person? That's crazy, where do you live?

·
Down the rabbit hole
4,499 Posts
In bruges the movie.

But how could one not seen one, Southamerica, Spain and dammit i count Portugal...
The Indian looking girls have their exotic charm...

·
Down the rabbit hole
4,499 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts