Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

On a scale of 1(low) to 5 (high) how patient are you?

Votes: 7 9.6%

Votes: 20 27.4%

Votes: 15 20.5%

Votes: 14 19.2%

Votes: 17 23.3%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been wondering if the fact that my patience level leaves a lot to be desired has much to do with SA recovery.

Post any insights or explanations you may have :)

1: no-to very little patience

5: I almost never feel impatient

·
Banned
12,147 Posts
Depends. If I'm waiting for a pizza to bake, I'll often take it out and eat it before it's ready.

I'll wait 20 years to get even with someone if need be.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
I'm quite patient most of the time there are times when I'm very impatient mostly when it comes to matters dealing with my SA like standing in line...

·
Registered
759 Posts
I'm patient with just about everyone to the point I worry I'm being walked all over. But I've definitely been complimented as being patient quite a few times.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
5 - it's disgusting. Most people would freak out long before me. :no
With SA, it decreases a bit because I want to get out of places.

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
I work it health care....thankfully I have patience

·
Banned
1,697 Posts
I'd say my rating falls under a 2. Usually when I want something, I try to be patient but I'm going on an all caps rage in my head about it & start pouting. Kind of a "Now or Never" thing with me most of the time.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Most of the time it's a definite 5, but I have these little irritable moments where I feel an almost irrepressible urge to throw people through glass and beat them with one of their own limbs if, for example, they take more than five seconds to get on the bus and pay for their fare.

·
Haters to the left.
No alarms and no surprises
2,726 Posts
I'd say about a 4.5. I'm pretty patient compared to my dad who acts like an impatient 4 yr old boy at times...

I bought a kindle fire earlier this month and am waiting until christmas day to open it. It is really testing my patience, but I'm almost there! :)

·
Custom User Title
4,231 Posts

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
It really depends what I'm waiting on. I check for things like grades, scores, and replies constantly, but I seem to be more patient than many others when dealing with people.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
Depends. If you'd like to try to wait me out I don't suggest it. My mom gave up after 5 days of me staring at a wall because she took everything else away with minimal food and drink. There was nothing that could be done to punish me. Most people leave me alone after a few minutes. I've also been working on some litter box issues with a cat for 7months. However yesterday I made brown rice pudding brick because I couldn't wait 5mins for it to boil so turned it up too high and then I couldn't wait the few minutes for that so wandered off until I smelt burnt stuff 20mins later. I also get yelled at for never following the preheat oven first directions. I'm mostly not allowed to cook.

·
Fall 7 times, stand up 8.
8,916 Posts
2. Not very patient at all, but I can pretend to be in professional situations. For example, my counselor was 20 minutes late and I acted like it was cool.

·
Hello there. I'm Kris.
352 Posts
Usually I can be very patient. My OCD lowers my patients significantly, though.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts