• Four to Five Times A Week

Votes: 21 14.4%
  • Three Times a Week

Votes: 29 19.9%
  • Twice a Week

Votes: 11 7.5%
  • Once A Week

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • You are supposed to wash your hair :troll ??

Votes: 7 4.8%
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

· Registered
14,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just read an article about NOT washing your hair all the time.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/30337386/

When was teen and into my 20s I used to wash and condition my hair nearly every day.

Now I wash my hair only twice a week.

I have super dry hair that responds MUCH BETTER when I dont wash it a lot. I realized I was stripping what little oils my head was producing by washing it constantly.

I am curious to how many times others wash their hair.

· Registered
146,606 Posts
I just read an article about NOT washing your hair all the time.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/30337386/

When was teen and into my 20s I used to wash and condition my hair nearly every day.

Now I wash my hair only twice a week.

I have super dry hair that responds MUCH BETTER when I dont wash it a lot. I realized I was stripping what little oils my head was producing by washing it constantly.

I am curious to how many times others wash their hair.
Daily.
Actually, for guys, I have heard that we should wash every day. The shampoo cleans off the extra hormones on our scalp that can lead to hair loss.

· dirt person
3,070 Posts
I wash mine pretty much every day. I'm a little paranoid about my hair being greasy so when I don't wash it every day I touch my hair all the time to check that it feels alright. And because I touch it all the time it gets greasy faster.

· SAS Member
14,586 Posts
I wash my hair each time i take a shower. My head is shaved, so it's rather easy to wash :)
Now i did say i was my hair each time i take a shower, but i won't get into details about how often i take one.

just kidding...

· Registered
192 Posts
3 times a week on average

I used to wash my hair 1-2 times each day (2X/day when I worked out during the day) because it got greasy. Then my cousin told me that I should wash my hair only every 3 days. She said that washing so much actually makes your hair greasier and causes breakage (which is a problem for me because I have fine hair and like to keep it long). If I'm going to be in public, 2 days is the longest I can go without washing my hair because I like to look and feel my absolute best. If I'm not going to be in public I can go as long as 3 days. Since I started washing my hair less, I do notice less breakage and it doesn't get greasy as fast. So, I think my cousin was right.

· Après moi, le déluge
5,700 Posts
What is the difference between using shampoo in the shower and using one teaspoon of baking soda mixed with one cup of water? These people are making it sound like they just stopped washing their hair and it made their life so much better, but they're still washing their hair. They're just using a different product.

Have a nice day,
Kelly :)

· Registered
14,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What is the difference between using shampoo in the shower and using one teaspoon of baking soda mixed with one cup of water? These people are making it sound like they just stopped washing their hair and it made their life so much better, but they're still washing their hair. They're just using a different product.

Have a nice day,
Kelly :)
True, although I guess the baking soda is more eco friendly.

I only use shampoo and, as mentioned before, twice a week. I dont think I could use baking soda on my hair....I have never tried it but it sounds drying to me... :stu

· Too School for Cool
6,856 Posts
Generally every second day.

I have really long and thick hair so washing it every day would be exhausting. If I want to style it, I need to wash it first. So my hair looks decent every second day.

· Memorial Profile
38,514 Posts
I don't really see the need for daily shampoo use, but the woman in the artilcle that hasn't washed her hair since last September!!! Doesn't that, well, stink?

My hair doesn't have much of a problem with getting dirty given that I trim it down to 3 mm and cut it again by the time it get to 10 mm. I can dry my hair faster than I can dry my hands. I can remember when I was young and my hair was very long how sweaty my hair would get when exercising or working in the heat of summer and I simply can't imagine how one could avoid washing their hair for months on end if they had long hair that is going to be inherently more dirty than mine which is a tad more than a 5 o'clock shodow.

· Registered
794 Posts
I've always known you shouldn't wash your hair every two days or less - it gets rid of it's natural oils. Same with your skin.

Reactions: Surene

· slanted and disenchanted
323 Posts
i generally wash my hair approximately 2-3 times a week, depending. i have thick, curly hair that i tend to straighten (huge pain), so i try to stretch my 'straight hair' days as long as possible. dry shampoo (spray or powder) helps a lot. if i wear my hair curly, i rinse/condition every day, but still adhere to the 2-3 times a week wash schedule. like fairyxo said, natural oils are good.

also, since i dye my hair, that makes me prone to washing it less frequently. red is the quickest color to fade, so preservation is key!

1 - 20 of 78 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.