Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

21 - 40 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
14,599 Posts
Tommy Gun said:
I hyave a terrible hangover this morning.. I must of drank atleast 14/15 pints of Guiness last night.

Do you guys have Guiness in the States..??

*i'm going down the Pub to try & cure this headache.
Yes you asked that on the last page.... :b

·
Registered
5 Posts
I know it's a little late. but just for the poll or whatever. I drink every night. I would guess about a 1.5 liter of 40% or plus liquor every 3-4 days with a few beers. Almost every morning i get stomach aches and i let loose some serious brown liquid. It's a serious problem but i dont know why i keep it up. I think this is how i deal with my problem. drinking, if no drinking how does everyone else cope or try to cope?

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
njodis said:
same here which i almost feel weird about because people my age DRINK especially the people i work with..they drink A LOT...makes me feel a bit weird not experiencing what they are

Last time i drank was December last year during new years or christmas and yeah it wasn't all that great

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
LoudlySilent said:
I know it's a little late. but just for the poll or whatever. I drink every night. I would guess about a 1.5 liter of 40% or plus liquor every 3-4 days with a few beers. Almost every morning i get stomach aches and i let loose some serious brown liquid. It's a serious problem but i dont know why i keep it up. I think this is how i deal with my problem. drinking, if no drinking how does everyone else cope or try to cope?
You sound like you're in the same boat as me.. i hate myself after like 3 or 4 beers but i still don't stop until i've fallen over.. This happens atleast twice a week for me & it's the only way i know of coping.

There are a lot more people on this board like us but won't let on for some reason.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I only drink when I go out and as I don't go out, I don't drink. Hehe.

Although, I did have a beer at a friend's place last week. I might have a couple at Christmas too. So, I guess the answer is - very rarely.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
Tommy Gun said:
do they have Guiness in the U.S..??
Yes, and it's even advertised on TV over here.

I drink on average maybe 3 or 4 times a week. That may sound like a lot, but it's not when you consider that I don't get raging drunk as some less frequent drinkers might. I'm only looking for a calming effect. I don't care to drink till I have trouble standing. I've learned not to go for excess.

Last weekend I finally pried my wallet open & bought a bottle of Jack. Waste of money. JD tastes the same to me as the cheapest whiskey.

It's been a month since I was last at the liquor store. In that time 21 pints of malt liquor have disappeared along with a bottle of sparkling wine, plus I had a few ounces of Everclear and and a few ounces of JD proving it tastes just a bitter & nasty as cheapo whiskey. From now on, I'm saving my money and just buying the cheapest of any liquor.

·
Registered
12 Posts
In the past year, I have been drinking a lotttt (love me some Patron tequila...) mostly as a self medicating way to make social situations bearable and enjoyable. Alcohol completely changes my personality from a near silent introvert to a total extrovert. Amazing how it can do that... Anyway, I decided about two weeks ago to stop drinking entirely for now because I think I was on the cusp of becoming dependent.

·
pitiful loser
1,154 Posts
I didn't drink any alcohol until I was 23, and probably less than twice a year since, but only socially (that is, when I'm with others that are, but even then I often just go for the Shirley Temples and do the driving). I hate carbonated drinks and I have never tried beer.

·
The b**** is back
1,121 Posts
These days, hardly ever, and then only 1 glass. Earlier this year I went through a phase of binge-drinking and it scared me so now I'm very careful. The longer I go without it, the less I want it.

·
Registered
9,208 Posts
I used to get very drunk in college. I had episodes of repeated vomiting, which was awful. I didn't drink TOO often, but when I did, I would usually get drunk, if not sick. There is a video tape of me extremely drunk when I was 18, and it is ridiculous and mildly embarrassing (although mostly humorous since it's in the past).

Nowadays, I might drink on average... once a week. BUT, I can honestly say that 90%+ of the time I literally just have one drink. There have been numerous studies that show that having a single drink a day is actually good for your heart ( http://www.cnn.com/HEALTH/9712/10/alcoh ... index.html ). Most people don't stop at one, but that's what I do these days (the other 10% is a mere two). I'm not into getting drunk any more.

·
Registered
199 Posts
ardrum, maybe it's time to share that tape, start a thread in Members photos called "drunk video" and we can all share, just kidding. :) It's good that you find that experience humorous now, there has to be something good come from it right.

·
Registered
9,208 Posts
Del said:
ardrum, maybe it's time to share that tape, start a thread in Members photos called "drunk video" and we can all share, just kidding. :) It's good that you find that experience humorous now, there has to be something good come from it right.
Oh, it's quite a sight to see! I had literally no anxiety in that video for sure, lol. It goes to show that some basic level of anxiety is a very GOOD thing for society to function well.

I believe at one point I called one of the girls a (censored version) "f-ing betch f-er" over and over (after the guy taping kept egging me on to do it) before I finally just fell out of my chair with my face landing right into her lap as my voice was then muffled. Wow. Just...wow.

·
Registered
9,208 Posts
I haven't watched that video in years. Maybe I'll take a look at it again tonight.

·
Banned
1,044 Posts
Depends how "drink" is defined. i drink something alcoholic just about every day - a beer or two, a glass of whiskey, or whatever. I rarely get drunk more than once a week, though.

·
Registered
154,235 Posts
person86 said:
Depends how "drink" is defined. i drink something alcoholic just about every day - a beer or two, a glass of whiskey, or whatever. I rarely get drunk more than once a week, though.
You'd better be careful. That's where alcoholism begins :(.

21 - 40 of 82 Posts