Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

How often do you cry?

• All the time. When I'm upset about something, it shows!

Votes: 8 9.8%
  • Sometimes. It depends on the situation.

Votes: 14 17.1%
  • Occasionally. Usually I'll repress my feelings until they become too much.

Votes: 32 39.0%
  • Rarely. It takes a truly tragic and unexpected event to make me cry.

Votes: 15 18.3%
  • I haven't cried in years....

Votes: 12 14.6%
  • Other

Votes: 1 1.2%
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
Usually only during an anxiety attack and I rarely have those anymore.

·
UnDeRrAtED
34,711 Posts
When feeling extremely hopeless.

·
Chief Worrier
1,889 Posts
i don't cry much. once i was feeling bad and couldn't cry, so i asked someone to yell at me so i could cry. D: it resulted in the end of our friendship; never doing that again.

·
Call Me !!!!
4,066 Posts
Not in ages, my meds make me numb lol , i don't mind a lil bawl to myself at night i dunno kinda helps put things into perspective sometimes i guess huh.

<<<< Not emo btw

·
Done with SA
1,818 Posts
I don't cry a lot, but it's not very rare, either. I don't think I've cried in at least 3 months. Pretty much when I've been bottling up feelings and finally I have to let something out is when I cry. And that's about it... unless something really sad or tragic happens. I've never cried when I was happy. Haven't been that happy yet. lol

·
Protector of the Den
15,048 Posts
Sad movies and books get me more often than my own sadness. When I'm sad I actually wish I could cry more, but I'm starting to die inside. I got sad earlier this week and my eyes watered, but I managed to avoid full blown crying.

·
Geese
20,768 Posts
I admit that the odd very sad movie i might get some dirt in my eye but other than that I don't cry at all. I did when my was forced to break up with my ex due to my SA problems though, that was tough.

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Nope, can't remember that one ..

Now if you asked how many times have a spent an hour on my bed searching my day desperately for some sign of reduced S.A. until I've wrung myself dry -- that would be plenty

·
Registered
761 Posts
I chose rarely, but that's only if I'm not in a relationship. If I am, I will probably cry multiple times a day, everyday, assuming that the relationship is bad. Either way, I'll cry a lot more.

I do almost cry sometimes, but.. usually hold it back. I really WANT to cry... a lot. I can't.

·
blessed with lucky sevens
840 Posts
I cried the other night when I was watching 'Bend it like Beckham'. Very emotionally charged scene towards the end with the Indian family.

·
Space Cadet
2,458 Posts
I'm crying now actually.
Well, you're not alone. I'm on the verge right now too. Just saw (through the wonders of Facebook, of course!) that a guy who lived on my floor freshman year in college got married.....and my roommate and RA from that year served as groomsmen.

Double whammy there. Have my trouble with girls AND my trouble socializing in college shoved right in my face.

I really don't know why I even ****ing try anymore.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts