Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tend to breakdown every few months when the pressure of being lonely and thinking about my indifferent father and his family and how people ignore me and just everything I'm ashamed of myself gets too much that I bang doors or throw things and lock myself in my room for a few days.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Hey, myserioussoul, here I go again replying to another one of your posts lol!

I recently went clubbing and it made me suicidal afterwards. I never actually used to have suicidal thoughts after clubbing, but the whole scene now makes me feel gross. It's so bad. I'm not sure if this counts as 'breaking down', but I just feel like absolute crap. I totally understand what you mean though... I just really don't know if I can find happiness. Screw everything.

·
Banned
74 Posts
Hi im with you i quite often have breakdowns im sick being lonely its doing my head in,im also from sydney so if you need to talk anytime im here to listen you can private message me i would like to speak to someone as well.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Every few months I tend to get very depressed and need a day or two off work then I am a bit better and can carry on (just about). My breakdowns don't happen quite so often as they used to, but they still happen.

·
Regretful still.
1,595 Posts
I have ups and downs every few weeks. I'll have a good run of a week or two and then breakdown again.

The longest run I've had was a few months last year. It was almost six months of no bull****, very little anxiety, and hardly any depression.

·
Registered
623 Posts
While I do tend to get depressed and lonely a lot I don't break down that much. There are a lot of times I want to but I am afraid people will hear me or see me breaking down and I would not be able to deal with that. I keep everything inside hardly ever letting it out.

·
Registered
217 Posts
just had a meltdown a few minutes ago, not a big one but still
i think coming on this site helps, misery likes company right

·
Registered
41 Posts
Once a month, but since just before Xmas I have had about 6 bad days out of 10 days. If u want friends you can pm me, I am friend less too. :afr

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
It varies greatly, I can go months without, or I can have , 3/4 per week.

·
Live. Laugh. Learn
4,101 Posts
Not as much as I used to. I recently had once in late November; took 3 days off school and work to get away a bit.

·
Registered
545 Posts
I think It's not time dependent. Tear drops when I get way too much emotional or after going through unimaginable difficult situations. Happened to me twice in last six months.

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
At least one major breakdown a month. It sort of like builds up over time unconsciously. Or consciously. Or after I've been in a SA-inducing situation like going to the mall.

·
Random SA guy
25 Posts
Atleast two times a day

·
Banned
2,799 Posts
I don't. Delayed emotional reactions to everything help keep me in check :yes. Last it happened was in February, and I vowed not to let it happen again...

·
♎ Mackinac Island Fanatic
28,958 Posts
Almost every time something frustrates me I break down crying and wanting to scream and destroy things...it can be, and usually is, something as relatively minor as my Internet connection acting up. I just can't tolerate frustration and things being beyond my control, things that SHOULD be able to be controlled. (I don't care that in the contract it says they can't guarantee perfect service! If you're paying over $50 a month for wireless Internet, they COULD get it working better! :mum ) It just infuriates me no end. I used to scream and hit myself but now I can't, merely because I'm sitting in the same room as my parents and they tend to not like it when I freak out like that...my crying and yelling is bad enough.

A true breakdown though? I don't think I've ever had one of those...yet. Not saying I haven't come close. I guess it depends what one's definition of a "breakdown" is; according to my definition, I haven't yet hit that point.

Somebody above used the term "meltdown"...that more aptly describes what I go through.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I can't remember the last time I broke down and cried. I usually break down by panicking. I talk really fast and loud, and I lose my breath. I do this very often. It makes me want to cry, but I never do.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts