Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't think I'm depressed or have any sleep disorders. I need like 10-12 hours of sleep to feel rested for the day. I feel great when I get around that range. If I don't the 10-12 I'm dragging *** the rest of the day, caffeine helps for a bit, but it doesn't carry me throughout the day. Just my performance and motivation for everything I do suffers, because I just want to sleep.

What sucks is it is difficult to get my schedule to work around such large sleep patterns. I sleep so good as well, so I don't get it. I like playing basketball for hours at night lifting weights in the evenings and it is very difficult to fall asleep after having a high intensity workout.

I'm always feeling sleep deprived and not enough time. Would being sensitive to adrenaline bursts and possible burnout cause large sleep requirements?

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I take a men's multi-vitamin.

·
taking a break from SAS
1,408 Posts
Why exercise late if it gives you trouble falling asleep?

I love sleep and can never get enough. Since stopping remeron though, I have avged 6 hrs/day. Last week I pushed myself a little too hard averaging 3-3.5 hours per weekday. I ended up sick over the weekend and had to take excedrin every 6 hours for tension headaches. It works extremely well for headaches but it has 120mg of caffeine per geltab. They recommend you take 2 per 6 hours. So over 24 hours, it comes to ~1000mg of caffeine or 7-10 cups of coffee. For a caffeine naive person that is a heck of a lot. I couldn't sleep a wink on Saturday night. All my well thought out plans for the weekend got ruined.:no
Atleast it taught me to put health before school / work.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Why exercise late if it gives you trouble falling asleep?
Because that is when all my friends are available late to play and I love playing ball and exercising at night. I just got done playing ball for 3 hours. Ho-hum. :p

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Me either, I have high sleep demands.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I've gotten about 8 hours of sleep, so I have to take another nap in the evenings...literally sleeping half my life away.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I need 10 hours, but rarely get that much so I am usually pretty tired. My SA also gets much worse with lack of sleep, if I'm well rested it's not too bad.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The same...I've been trying to push through it though.

·
Registered
4,943 Posts
9 hours to feel great (it's been years). 8 hours to feel OK. 7 to function.

I usually get 7, though I get headaches and lethargy

·
Registered
310 Posts
I need tons of sleep to function to but I went to the doctor and had a blood test and I have a thyroid problem. Perhaps you should get it checked as well as a blood test for nutrition. A lot of people are vitamin D deficient during winter and it can cause sleepiness

·
Registered
336 Posts
wake up early drink coffee or tea. or see a doc about why it is happening. because that could be one of those underlying symtoms. but your prolly just a sleepaholic! u junky! jkin

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Is it possible just to have high natural sleep demands? I've always been like this.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Well as far as functioning goes I can function fine on 7-9 hours, but during weekends and without an alarm clock I can sleep for 12+ hours. The most I've slept that I can remember within that last 3 months was 15 hours

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm actually the opposite. I go 6 out of 7 days on 4 to 5 hours a night. I recently realized that I hate sleep. I feel like I'm wasting the day if I sleep in and I feel like I'm missing out something if I go to bed early.

·
Beneath the surface
164 Posts
At least 8 I think. But it varies a lot though. During depressive times (SAD) I can sleep most of the time and still feel tired.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts