Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to switch to something else besides over the counter sleep meds. I have a script for 1mg klonipon. What do you suggest to make me go to sleep?

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
1. Dosage needed would vary greatly depending on the person. If you have no prior experience with benzos, you won't likely need much.

2. Benzos make rotten sleep aids if you need something for regular use as the drowsiness effect typically wears off within a couple of weeks. I'm fully awake despite being the largest known benzo consumer on this board.

·
Chimpoleon
291 Posts
(sorry to hijack a klonopin thread)

but I've never really "felt" anything from taking klonopins -- I've taken from 1-3mg with minimal results (most likely placebo effect) -- the one time I took 4mg I passed out from being tired (in bed -- so I don't know , maybe that did something, but not really any help for SA - lol)-- I was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else?

I talked to my psych about it and he started writing notes (probably about me abusing the medication -- since my prescription was .5mg/day x2 (which did absolutely NOTHING) and wouldn't prescribe another benzo to me because "they're all the same, so if that didn't help none will -- yet, please try all my sponsered ssri/ssnri's!!! even though the last 4 did absolute nothing cept make you feel worse!") (yes I know terrible psych but it's all I got and can't really get another one)

·
Painfully Shy Guy
418 Posts
Klonopin may be better for staying asleep later in the night because it is not a fast acting benzo. I suffer from early waking so if I take one before bed (even though I'm already tired) it keeps me under for an extra hour or two.

I don't take it regularly right now because of fear of dependence so I don't know how fast the effect would wear off on me.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Klonopin may be better for staying asleep later in the night because it is not a fast acting benzo. I suffer from early waking so if I take one before bed (even though I'm already tired) it keeps me under for an extra hour or two.

I don't take it regularly right now because of fear of dependence so I don't know how fast the effect would wear off on me.
This is a good point. Some benzos (such as Valium and Xanax) only last several hours when taken occasionally, but Klonopin tends to fade away over >5 hours, making it a better choice when early waking is the problem.

·
Registered
647 Posts
benzos are not a good choice for sleep the best to use is valerian or melatonin and not the tylenol pm and advil pm, they are placebos. but if they dont work use Trazodone (Desyrel) 25-50mg, message me if you have furthur questions

·
Registered
76 Posts
1. Dosage needed would vary greatly depending on the person. If you have no prior experience with benzos, you won't likely need much.

2. Benzos make rotten sleep aids if you need something for regular use as the drowsiness effect typically wears off within a couple of weeks. I'm fully awake despite being the largest known benzo consumer on this board.
how much do you take daily?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts