Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

How much of your free time would you want to spend with your significant other?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Hiding In My Den
1,955 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious to see what others think. I say 80%, I'm with someone who wants alot more free time then that though and its a constant source of argument. I guess theres not really any right or wrong answer, just want to see what others think.

·
Registered
5,322 Posts
ideally, id like to spend quite a lot of free time with a significant other. however, i must allot some time for myself to attend the big game every week. :hide

·
Registered
2,239 Posts
I picked 80%. At the beginning of a relationship I like to spend more than 80%, but eventualy you need a little time to yourself online or whatever. I mean, you dont want the love of your life to get sick of you right?

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
I chose 80% as well. I think in the begining of a relationship it is natural to want to spend alot of time with each other. Once you get used to each other I think it is healthy to have friends to go out with shopping or whatever floats your boat. Its important to not lose your identity to someone else and keep your own interests to. Having a little time to yourself now and then wouldnt hurt I dont think. I was in a smothering relationship before and it totally sucked. All I wanted to do was get away from him. I felt suffocated. I never had a chance to miss him because we spent every waking moment together.

·
Registered
135 Posts
yeah, about 60 % unfortunately : \

·
Registered
13 Posts
60% of the commitment while 40% I attend to other commitments i.e. college, work, and time to myself. He would choose 80% plus, which he can suffocate me but I can have my way. He has agreed to that a while ago. :)

·
Registered
14,599 Posts
I spend 80% of my time with my husband and happily for the most part too. There are times I need my own time, but between his job and mine I feel like I want to spend my free time with him.

·
Registered
6 Posts
80% of 24 would be 19 hours out of a day... ehh.. don't quote me on that-I stink at math :b
19 hours seems like a lot... you have to take into account work.. time with friends/family if applicable. i vote for 60%

1 - 15 of 15 Posts