Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
I was at my last job for nearly 5 years, and my vague replies to their questions became a bit of a joke to them after a while.

Co-worker: What did you do over the weekend?
Me: Just kind of hung out, did whatever.
Co-worker: Laugh

·
Banned
375 Posts
Very, very little. In fact, I avoid the lunchroom and any sort of activities or functions as often as I can so I don’t have to engage in small talk. Nothing against my co-workers its just I don’t feel comfortable discussing a number of things, Looks like I may be returning to the office soon for the first time in over a year...and I will be sharing even less info this time.
I’ve never been inside a break room, I eat at my desk every day.

·
Song and action man
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Only thing I think of now is if you don't talk at all people won't know if they do things to insult/offend you.

It's a reason why work is very challenging for the SA person.

·
Wilco Tango Foxtrot!
3,996 Posts
I avoid it at all costs...

Talk to myself, sing to myself, swear and or curse and cuss at metal on the other hand...

·
Registered
248 Posts
I don't have to cause I work from home, but when I had to work in a place I tried to only talk about mundane stuff and things that are easy to relate to. Giving too much away can be a problem.

·
Self isolating from self
3,214 Posts
Typically not very much unless directly asked. I usually try to keep any conversation about work related topics.

·
burned by tea 🍵
Hold still 💈
133 Posts
As much as people ask, which is minimal needless to say. Sometimes I'll include experiences and such when I'm opining or talking about something personal. But for the most part I don't share much unless I get a penny for my thoughts.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts