Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Banned
9,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a month? there is one for $30 a month available 24/7, going to take a tour, only thing about it I don't like is that no indoor basketball court, is this a normal price?

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Where I live, there is only one gym. Nothing fancy. No pool or basketball court. Just typical exercise equipment and I pay $50/month.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I've been paying $50 a month since the Gym opened in June, and I haven't stepped foot in the door once. It is right next to my workplace, I drive, walk past all the time, but can't bring myself to take that step. It's a 24/7 gym, that isn't even busy most the time, so I have no excuse.

I'm going to though, I've lost all this weight, but need to do some weights.

·
Registered
365 Posts
24/7 access does that mean its open 24hours?! that's mad you can go for a workout at like 3am but thinking about it - its not really I had a job once working nights and was getting up as late 8pm or there about's, I was litterly nocturnal in every sense of the word so 3am would be like my 3pm which is the best time for me to work out atm.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Yes, 24hours 7 days a week. It's not staffed passed 6pm. You really can have the gym to yourself most the night.

·
Viva La Raza!
34,841 Posts
I go to 24Hour Fitness which is also 24/7. They charge me $40 a month and they have a basketball court, aerobics rooms and a pool. I believe the monthly price is $30 here. When I first moved to Vegas, the closest gym was 24Hours and they charged $40 because of the additional amenities. They closed down two years ago and I just haven't gotten around to changing my fees to $30. Thanks for the reminder.

·
one stop away
1,454 Posts
I pay $50/month and I think it's worth it. The gym is right on my way home from work, the equipment I like is always available (and functioning), and I get free parking (where I live, parking is scarce and expensive).

·
Registered
672 Posts
$19.95/month at 24Hour Fitness. I buy three years at a time. Not sure what the prices are for other memberships. They have a BB court, pool, and racquetball courts, cardio including spin and aerobics/yoga classes, and the usual weight machines and free weights.

·
Registered
16 Posts
$47 Anytime Fitness. The feeling of having the whole gym to yourself at 2 or 3 in the morning, if your rested, is amazing. It feels like you can do whatever you want. You can in the first place, I realize that.

·
Banned
9,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
$47 Anytime Fitness. The feeling of having the whole gym to yourself at 2 or 3 in the morning, if your rested, is amazing. It feels like you can do whatever you want. You can in the first place, I realize that.
why are you paying 47 for that gym when it costs 30 for the same gym where I live? they are ripping you off

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
$30 for one gym that I use now just for the pool. Although I have it on a freeze right now for $10 a month because I'm waiting for the Spring to hit the pool again. This gym is right down the road from my work, so it's in a very convent location.

A new gym opened up near me that is $10 and I'm a member of that for primary workouts. It has the equipment I need, and it's a mile away from me.

·
I'll never pay the ransom
1,427 Posts
I pay around $40 a month at a Rec center near by. The gym, courts, and pool there are open 24/7.

·
Geese
20,768 Posts
Some of these prices sound extortionate. I pay £10 a month for mine at fit for free which is about $5 a month.
Well clearly you are paying £10 too much considering it's "fit for free". Also that cost equates to around $20 (your currency is stronger). Still, good price.

I get to go for free since they have this "bring a friend for free" thing and I go with a mate who pays. #winning

·
Geese
20,768 Posts
The gym on campus that I go to charges $128 for 2 semesters if you live in the dorms.
That's an awesome deal!

There is actually a full gym about 5m to the right of my desk at work, however I never use it since Id feel really awkward working out around colleagues. Silly.

·
Registered
37 Posts
$19.95/month at 24Hour Fitness. I buy three years at a time. Not sure what the prices are for other memberships. They have a BB court, pool, and racquetball courts, cardio including spin and aerobics/yoga classes, and the usual weight machines and free weights.
That's what I did, bought the 2 year member from Costco. I can't go to the Super Sport but there's really no difference the Sport I go to.

Also the gym at my uni is free, but it kinda sucks.

·
Registered
927 Posts
I pay $20 bucks a month for the premium membership at my gym which is open 24/7, but there is also a $10 per month membership. The difference between the two is that the premium includes free access to any of the locations in the country, free tanning, free massage chair sessions, free hydro-massage, free red light therapy, and guest privileges.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts