Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to have two cups of coffee (instant usually, sometimes Cappuccino) a day and now I'm at three. How much do you take and how much, to your knowledge, is Ok for an adult?

·
Viva La Raza!
34,841 Posts
3 cups is fine. some people even drink 2 pots a day. i dont remember what the LD50 for caffeine is but two pots isnt close to it. its a massive amount of caffeine

·
Registered
10,522 Posts
I use to drink a couple of cups when I worked night shift, but that was when I was 25. I went off caffeinated beverages a little bit after that. I still eat chocolate on occasion so I still eat a little of it.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I don't drink coffee, but I probably drink 3 or 4 Diet Pepsi Max's everyday. I've got nothing on my grandmother though, she drinks two pots of black coffee everyday.

·
···---···
3,375 Posts
I drink around 4 cups a day. Maybe I've gotten used to it but it doesn't perk me up much.. I just like the taste. And I function fine without it as well.

I've heard that it's safe to drink like 6 or more cups a day (assuming you don't dump a lot of sugar in it). And I've read a number of studies that found coffee is quite beneficial for health. But whenever I bring that up, inevitably someone disputes it claiming coffee is a horrible drug that will kill you or cause insanity, so we'll just pretend I didn't say that.

·
Registered
14,599 Posts
I love coffee; I dont get the backlash over it. Coffee is great. I drink at least 2-3 cups per day, the only way to wake up in the morning. I grind fresh beans; no instant or preground for me. I really love coffee. I never drank it at all before I was about 23 but once I developed a taste for it, I loved it and still do. I would rather give up soda than coffee. I drink caffeine though; I just started drinking green tea; I drink very limited amounts of Diet Dr Pepper, and I drink the above mentioned coffee daily.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Watch out coffee-lovers. It's an evil drug and could lead to your ruin!!!

*Warning: video contains a bad word and some cartoon violence*

·
···---···
3,375 Posts
Watch out coffee-lovers. It's an evil drug and could lead to your ruin!!!

*Warning: video contains a bad word and some cartoon violence*

I heard the columbine kids drank some coffee too. Clearly this dangerous substance needs to be made illegal. All coffee drinkers must be imprisoned before it's too late.

·
giggling ******
11,070 Posts
Usually just the free stuff at work, unless I actually go out at night.

·
Registered
47 Posts
One cup usually, sometimes two. Caffiene doesn't effect me that much except on rare occasions. My dad works in a store that sells coffee beans, so it's hard to resist! :p I don't think I've ever really had stuff like instant or Floger's, so can't tell you about that.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts