Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe I average zero, the only time I ever get text is from the phone company to pay a bill or when I need to be picked up from college, sad.

·
Pillock
881 Posts
Across a week I get 1 or 2 a day I'd say. I only get regular texts from 1 friend, the rest is my dad or brother.

·
♎ Mackinac Island Fanatic
28,958 Posts
I avoid the phone (home phone--I don't have a cell phone) like the plague. If I ever have to use it, it's almost always to confirm a doctor's appointment, or to remind my mother to pick something up from the store. Nobody else to call.

Text? I've never texted in my life, don't even know how. :blank Plus, nobody to text. :stu

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
From the same person? Or from different people? If I'm texting my best-friends I could easily get 50 or more, because we talk a lot (long conversations about stupid stuff, but those are the best ones imo). If I'm not texting them, then most likely zero unless I get a random text from someone. The only people that call me are my parents because I typically don't like talking on the phone all that much.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Currently i'd say zero. The only texts and calls i get now are from wrong numbers or from the credit card company.

·
Big Nerd
1,131 Posts
Close to none.

I only get called/texted by my parents if they need something.

Then my roomate will sometimes text me while he's at work on break.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I avoid the phone (home phone--I don't have a cell phone) like the plague. If I ever have to use it, it's almost always to confirm a doctor's appointment, or to remind my mother to pick something up from the store. Nobody else to call.

Text? I've never texted in my life, don't even know how. :blank Plus, nobody to text. :stu
what the hell , how can you sink so deep with social anxiety , and also dnt get out even with doctors/medication help ?

·
Master of my domain
1,339 Posts
1 or 2 maybe. Well texts I sometimes get a lot if I'm talking with someone but calls are much rarer, usually only my mum or my sister calls or I call them.

I wish I had someone to call though that knows my situation.. preferably if they have SA themselves. It would probably be awkward but good practice. The worst thing for me is having to try to pretend to be normal cause it's so easy to slip up, few awkward silences and people think you're weird.

·
Registered
62 Posts
0.00000001. I think it's kind of lame that no one in my family reaches out. I guess they might not know about my social anxiety; but they do know I'm bipolar. I mean I used to try and stay in touch but said f it. My grandpa even has the nerve to give me crap about how they never hear from me every time I call. I'm mentally ill dealing with depression, going to work, struggling with addictions, just trying to get through ect... Your retired and that's it, why don't you call me?

·
Moving Towards Destiny
1,835 Posts
0.00000001. I think it's kind of lame that no one in my family reaches out. I guess they might not know about my social anxiety; but they do know I'm bipolar. I mean I used to try and stay in touch but said f it. My grandpa even has the nerve to give me crap about how they never hear from me every time I call. I'm mentally ill dealing with depression, going to work, struggling with addictions, just trying to get through ect... Your retired and that's it, why don't you call me?
Sounds like my family.
In about 20 years, I had gotten about 2 phone calls from my own brother and my father NEVER called. SA runs in the family and no one cared if the others lived or died.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I think the meds only make it harder to get better. It just covers up the actual issues and you don't work trough them. Of corse it depends how much anxiety you have. I don't know how I got through things like public speaking in college. But I did and when you face a fear the fear does get smaller

·
Banned
165 Posts
About 3 a day but they're all from government subsidised schemes offering me a grant for a new boiler, roof insulation or solar panelling. I don't really pick up the phone and just let it go to answer machine. I have an irrational fear of picking it up in case I have to have a conversation. Any other calls are from family. Mobile phone calls are all generally work clients wanting to know why I haven't come to tend their gardens.

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
Two or three a day from Indian scammers that can barely speak English yet are named Dave or John lol

1 - 20 of 67 Posts