Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,347 Posts
0 from school
1 that I've know since a few years after school ...kinda..still...talk to... not as much though.
1 that moved interstate that I still email and will no doubt come back and visit sooner than later.

I'm more interested in making new friends. I figure life is about change right... so some people grow apart naturally and it's just something that I roll with these days. If I only know someone for a year then so be it, two years bonus! more ...wow! :D

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I find it unbelievably anxiety-inducing to keep in contact with people, for some reason. I used to have a lot of friends when I was younger, and whenever I talk to them it just reminds me of how boring I've become, how little we have to talk about because I'm such a loner and all I do is sit around watching anime. Really. :blank That and it makes me miss them too much, and if I start angsting about living 400 miles away again like I used to up until a year ago, I pretty much become a zombie. So...I cut off all contact with them. It's too depressing to do otherwise. I don't even know why I still have a Facebook. I'd delete it if it weren't for the fact that that's one of the only ways my boyfriend is able to contact me (no cell phone, he lives in the stone age lol).

·
Big Damn Hero
890 Posts
I'm more interested in making new friends. I figure life is about change right... so some people grow apart naturally and it's just something that I roll with these days. If I only know someone for a year then so be it, two years bonus! more ...wow! :D
I've not had any really long friendships, over a year or so, in a while :/ I guess i'm really bad at keeping in touch with people. Hopefully the one's I've made at the moment last! I do try a lot more to stay in touch and do things with people these days.

Everything is temporary in the end I guess, I mean you either drift apart, fall out, move away, or ultimately die lol, but still.

·
roarrrr
4,876 Posts
I haven't kept in touch with anyone from high school. Not that there were a lot to keep in touch with anyways. One ditched me cold-turkey so there wasn't even the option of staying in touch with her since she blocked me on everything online.

I did run into a past friend at Starbucks the other day. She sat down at my table for like 15 minutes. It was longest 15 minutes of my life where I deduced that I was complete loser in my life so far.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.