Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
LookingForMyLife
598 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been on atleast 15 that I can remember. Most either having nasty side effects, or no benefit. I have finally found a good combo for sad, gad, ocd, and major depression(with managable side effects)-Emsam(maoi patch-depression and ocd), Xanax and Klonopin(anxieties,sleep),Rozerem(insomnia from maoi-helps but is inconsistent)
It took around ten years to get my meds where they are now, and I am grateful!!!
previous meds-Paxil, lexapro,zoloft, straterra,ritalin, seroquel,abilify, lamictal,symbyax, trazadone,risperdal,anti-histamines for anxiety,effexor,depakote. It is like being a guinee pig.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Just the one so far, citalopram.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Medications I have been treated with in the past
(all were started at minimal dose and gradually increased over time)
Lexapro (escitalopram) 20mg/day - effective; discontinued due to skin rash
Zoloft (sertraline) 75mg/day - effective; discontinued due to headache and GI upset
Celexa (citalopram) 80mg/day - effective; discontinued due to skin rash
Prozac (fluoxetine) 40mg/day - ineffective; caused heartburn
Paxil (paroxetine) 20mg/day - effectiveness unknown; discontinued soon after beginning due to doctor's concerns of weight gain
Effexor XR (venlafaxine) 150mg/day - ineffective; caused sleepiness and severe constipation
Remeron (mirtazapine) 30mg/day - effective; discontinued soon after beginning due to doctor's concerns of weight gain
Wellbutrin SR (budeprion) 300mg/day - ineffective; caused excessive nervousness and shaking
Neurontin (gabapentin) 1200mg/day - minimally effective on anxiety and sleep; discontinued in favor of alternatives
Eskalith-CR (lithium) 900mg/day - effective for depression; discontinued due to diabetes insipidus and weight gain
Topamax (topiramate) 50mg/day - effective for migraines; discontinued due to memory problems and changes in insurance coverage
Lamictal (lamotrigine) 50mg/day - effectiveness unknown; discontinued due to minor skin rash and repetitive throat infections after each attempt at titration
Abilify (aripiprazole) 2.5mg/day - ineffective; caused nausea and restlessness
Xanax (alprazolam) 4mg/day - effective for anxiety; discontinued due to misuse
Valium (diazepam) 30mg/day - effective for anxiety and sleep; discontinued due to excessive sedation
Ambien (zolpidem) 10mg/day - effective for sleep; discontinued due to hallucinations
Rozerem (ramelteon) 8mg/day - ineffective
Desyrel (trazodone) 150mg/day - effective for sleep; discontinued due to effectiveness wearing off quickly
Ritalin (methylphenidate IR) 60mg/day - effective for concentration difficulties and depression; discontinued due to gagging
Adderall (amphetamine salts IR) 60mg/day - effective for depression, concentration difficulties, and paradoxically anxiety; discontinued for unexplained reasoning
Dexedrine (dextroamphetamine IR) 30mg/day - effective for depression and concentration; discontinued due to excessive mental stimulation (remaining awake for days at a time, etc.)
Inderal (propranolol) 40mg/day - effective for anxiety and migraines; discontinued due to asthma complications
Lopressor (metoprolol) 50mg/day - effective for physical symptoms of anxiety; currently prescribed
Depakote (divalproex sodium) 1000mg/day - effective for migraines and mood instability; currently prescribed, although weight gain is becoming problematic (i.e. gained 10 lbs in under a month)

---

I have that in a file on my computer, so I just copied and pasted it :p It's long, wow.

·
Registered
266 Posts
A fair few:

SSRIs - paxil, citalipram, lexapro, zoloft
SRNIs - cymbalta, effexor, serzone
NaSSA - remeron
NRI - reboxetine
piperazino-azepine - tolvon
tricyclics - desipramine, amitriptyline
RIMA - moclobemide
MAOI - nardil (current med)
Antiphsycotics - abilify, seroquel, risperdal, zyprexa
Benzos - Xanax, oxazepam

I'm sure there are others but I cant remember..

·
Registered
8 Posts
Let's see...

- Effexor (3x)
- Wellbutrin
- Celexa
- Prozac
- Buspar
- Abilify
- Lamictal

I'm sure there's more I can't remember.. These were for either: depression, anxiety or suspected Bipolar Disorder. My last experience with them (around last November) left me dangerously suicidal and depressed. I quit cold turkey and I'm happy to say I'm doing 150% better now.

I think they do work for some people.. I had a decent experience with Effexor, especially the first time around. And they all did wonders for my irritability.. I just think the crazy combination of all the chemicals messed me up.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I believe dexedrine or dextroamphetamine are the regular IR names and dextrostrat and dexedrine spansule are the XR versions.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
But Dexedrine is the brand name for extended release dextroamphetamine, not the IR (immediate release) version. So which was it?
Incorrect. There is Dexedrine, which is dextroamphetamine IR, and there is Dexedrine Spanule, which is dextroamphetamine time-release. Darn, Kurt answered before me :p

·
Registered
19 Posts
lexapro
serequil
ambien
klonopin
buspar
effexor
lithium
depakote
remeron
trazodon
abilify
risperidol
wellbutrin
tegritol
trileptil
lamictal
geodon
clonodine

doubt thats all, but its a good list (no im not that crazy... the doctors were)

·
Registered
4,788 Posts
xanax
prozac
zoloft
seroquel
lamictal
klonopin
clozaril
wellbutrin
risperdal
ativan
clonodine
celexa
benztropine
I think thats all of them
currently im on lamictal 400 mg a day, klonopin 3mg a day, risperdal 2.5 mg a day, and prozac 40 mg a day. Still got a way to go before im outta this nightmare.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've been on too many in my opinion but fewer than many others posting here.

Benzos : (the only stuff that has worked for me)

Clonazepam (Klonopin/Rivotril)
Alprazolam (Xanax/Paxal)
Oxazepam (Sobril)

SSRIs & SNRIs

Sertraline (Zoloft)
Paroxetine (Seroxat/Paxil) <---poison!
Escitalopram (Cipralex/Lexapro)
Citalopram (Cipramil/Celexa)
Venlafaxine (Effexor)

I'm forgetting at least one of the meds. Can't remember the name however hard I try. Only remember it didn't really do anything and I quit it rather soon...

Others

Zopiclone (Imovane)

and other sleeping aids...

·
Live.Laugh.Love.
1,243 Posts
Paxil
lexapro
zoloft
seroquel
abilify
lamictal<currently>
trazadone
risperdal
effexor
depakote
klonapin<currently>

I feel like every doctor trys something new with horrible side effects weight gain, no sleep, being a zombie, sleeping away days, its horrible to feel like you have to try everything to find one thing that works and thats just a short list I have tried many more than that... why cant they get it right the first few times its been almost 5 years maybe more I have honestly lost count.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.