Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

How many hours do you sleep per night on average?

Votes: 2 4.3%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 2.1%

Votes: 5 10.6%

Votes: 10 21.3%

Votes: 6 12.8%

Votes: 9 19.1%

Votes: 6 12.8%

• Less than 3 hours

• More than 12 hours

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • I suffer from insomnia, have no set number of hours

Votes: 7 14.9%
  • Answer not listed above (Explain)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been sleeping a lot more than I normally do on weekdays lately, but usually sleep about 4/5 hours.

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
1-2 during bad periods (yes, on average, because I won't sleep for days at a time and then only get a couple of hours when I do), not more than 4-5 even during the best weeks. Even if I manage to sleep 6+ hours one night, I probably won't sleep at all the next.

I chose "I suffer from insomnia . . ."

·
Regretful still.
1,595 Posts
I fall asleep at around 7 in the morning and wake up around 3 or 4 in the afternoon. Not having a job and quitting my internship messed up my sleep schedule.

·
Registered
628 Posts
I'd say 6. I don't fall asleep as soon as my head touches the pillow and I'm usually already awake before the alarm goes off in the morning. So I rarely get a "full night's sleep" in that sense. But I feel much better the nearer to 8 hours I get. If I get enough sleep I wake up feeling alert, invincible and ready to take on the world. It's a shame that feeling only lasts for an hour.

·
Registered
2,470 Posts
About 7 or 8. I wish I could function on less! Sometimes I can go on 5 or 6 but if I try to do that for more than a week I get exhausted.

·
Attempting self-change
88 Posts
I usually sleep like five to six hours every night since the things I do keep me up late and it takes like an hour to go to sleep. If I didn't need to wake up early for school then I can sleep at least up to eight hours to not feel like shizz...

·
Registered
3,503 Posts
Probably like 6 usually. I haven't been sleeping well lately so it might only be 4-5 at the moment

·
Registered
7,836 Posts
between 6 and 8 depends on the day and it's layout

·
Poorly Educated
4,912 Posts
Usually five or six. I go to bed at 10 PM and I'm up at 6 AM every day, but I'm a restless sleeper and usually awake on and off at different times throughout the night.

·
♥
681 Posts
9 hours is the perfect amount of sleep for my body. Any less than that and I'm still super tired; any more than that and I'm all groggy. I try to aim for 9 every night.

·
Shred to shreds.
93 Posts
I'd say 6. I don't fall asleep as soon as my head touches the pillow and I'm usually already awake before the alarm goes off in the morning. So I rarely get a "full night's sleep" in that sense. But I feel much better the nearer to 8 hours I get. If I get enough sleep I wake up feeling alert, invincible and ready to take on the world. It's a shame that feeling only lasts for an hour.
Holy cow. That's exactly how I feel when I get up. I uses to fall asleep on purpose in school because of this.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I get about 8-9 hours, but I'm ready for a nap 3 hours after I wake up.

·
is trying.
714 Posts
It varies. Sometimes/usually, it's around 7. Recently, I've been going to bed really early and getting about 9 in three-hour segments, but I'm still ridiculously tired all the time. Hooray for depression! :no

1 - 20 of 20 Posts