Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
9,587 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I jog on treadmill 3 hours a week, 3 days in a row (mostly Fri- Sun), 1 hour each day. It's fun because it gives me more energy and keeps me alert, but I wouldn't be able to do it without listening to music or I would just get bored and stop.

·
Geese
20,768 Posts
Nothing currently due to laziness and study, but mainly the former. Did play sport for 15 years previously though, so I need to get back into it and get fit again.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Wouldn't it be as bad as running? But yeah I've seen that on infomercials..that were trying to sell another exercise machine.

I really want a treadmill, but can afford atm.

ps: If you want a giggle youtube 'treadmill kittens'

·
Registered
230 Posts
Unless you're significantly overweight, the idea that treadmills hurt your knees is a myth. If it were true anybody not riding a segway would be screwed.

As far as I know pretty much all arthritis studies have confirmed the exact opposite, walk more and you're less likely to develop joint pain later in life.

If you are significantly overweight then I'd suggest an eliptical machine.

·
Banned
177,222 Posts
Currently about 3 hours a week but with the summer coming on I'm hoping to get out and add to that.

·
Frostie
1,035 Posts
1 to 1-1/2 hour of bicycling 4-5 days a week so I guess 5 hours a week on average. I've been doing this for 10 weeks and have done a good job of sticking to my routine. I feel stronger and more energetic, but I'm not losing as much weight as I expected.

I agree with the OP about finding some kind of physical activity you enjoy doing. I used to run on a treadmill at the gym, but it was so boring I couldn't stick with it. I actually look forward to my bike rides instead of dreading going to the fitness center.

·
crazy
2,067 Posts
I'm only up to about 2 hours a week so far, but it has helped with my energy levels, and a bit with anxiety. I'm aiming for 3 or 4. Maybe you could make this a poll?

Maybe for treadmills it's just that running is bad for your knees, walking is good?

·
Registered
195 Posts
About 4-5 times a week. Run twice a week, yoga once, lift weights once. Now I'm thinking of adding pilates to my workout schedule but that won't leave a lot of down time, especially since I will start running more soon.

·
Registered
9,124 Posts
I'm only up to about 2 hours a week so far, but it has helped with my energy levels, and a bit with anxiety. I'm aiming for 3 or 4. Maybe you could make this a poll?

Maybe for treadmills it's just that running is bad for your knees, walking is good?
I think walking is pretty much the only exercise that has no negatives whatsoever. Well, as long as you stay out of the path of any oncoming vehicles lol.

·
Banned
19,437 Posts
2 & 1/2 hrs per week - 1/2hr on the elliptical, 5 days a week. I've been doing this for about a month. I haven't lost much weight (thanks to Paxil), but it has helped a lot with my depression. :)

·
Losing Ground
2,121 Posts
I'd love to work out at least 5 or 6 hours a week but with my insane work schedule I just don't have the time. I work out every once in a while when I can which probably isn't even doing anything at all but somehow I feel better knowing that I'm at least giving it the effort.

·
Losing Ground
2,121 Posts
About 4-5 times a week. Run twice a week, yoga once, lift weights once. Now I'm thinking of adding pilates to my workout schedule but that won't leave a lot of down time, especially since I will start running more soon.
How many hours do you think you spend? Do u fit most of it in on weeknights after work or on weekends?

·
Registered
154,228 Posts
I run 6 miles four times a week (that's four hours right there). Sunday, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday are my usual exercise nights - adjusted for schedule conflicts.
Saturdays, I have been riding my bicycle and additional 9 miles or so, for another hour of exercise.

I also ride my bike on shorter errands on top of all of this, since it would be a waste to handle it with a car.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.