Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Zodiac Sign: LEO!!!
11,237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just wondered how many here people have mobile phones.

I did about 4 years ago, and in the 3 years I had it, (before I, accidentally) broke it, managed to amass a grand total of 14 minutes talk on it LOL......

I hated the idea that you could be bothered by someone, when you least expected it by ringing you up, I never let on to anyone at college I had it ,as I didnt want my number spreading about or being asked for, so I hardly ever used it.

I think people who like feel the need to broadcast out stupid and pointless conversations in the middle of the supermarket / road / pavement(sidewalk) ,or sitting there pressing the minute buttons, click, click, click bloody click!!! sending some pointless text to some other bozo really pi**es me off sometimes.

Any other mobile phone recluses then.............??????:lol

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
I'm not a big fan of all this "connected" bull**** either. I'm quite a luddite/primitivist too, but I still use civilisation's creations if they are truly useful. So, I keep a pre-paid phone in case I get bitten by a snake out bush walking or something. The credit never expires, so I've been using the same $20 for about 3 years. I tend to inherit free phones from family who want to buy the latest and greatest.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I have one. But I constantly wonder why, no one ever needs me, no one ever talks to me. I almost never talk on it, usually just text. It's a very useful tool when I'm out and trying not to look like a lonely freak though.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I also do...but only use it in case of emergencies. I know exactly what you mean phoenixrising I have that feeling often too.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have one, but I rarely ever use it.. maybe like once a month. It seems like everyone else is constantly doing something on their cellphone though; I mean is walking really so boring that you have to occupy yourself with a cellphone while you do it? I guess it's just another one of those fads, just like how people take photos of everything just so they can post it on facebook.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Yes I have had one since I was a teenager, sometime in 2003. Had 6 phones altogether I think. First one I got was one of those Nokia "brick" phones. Now I've upgraded to a "Blackberry", except it's not it's actually a cheaper Nokia. I'm still on a pay as you talk plan and probably always will be. I thought I was good at making credit last, but Eliza got me beat. August 2010 right? :haha

1 - 17 of 17 Posts