• less than 10

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • more than 10

Votes: 8 8.4%
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
There is a girl who has the habit of calling me every once in a while, once or twice a month that is, drag me out for a cup of coffee and talk endlessly, blasting with the latest and oldest gossips about people I don't know.

Since I hate it, I voted 0 (none). Nor would I want any.

·
Registered
10,485 Posts
Zero friends. Most people I know are just acquaintances. Even the ones online I consider just acquaintances. I have never really got along with other people and that isn't going to ever change. I end up getting people PO at me. Even when I supposedly had friends when I was younger I found out they were just using me to get something because I had a car and they didn't, etc.

·
Registered
6,012 Posts
If we aren't counting people with whom I (barely) socialize at work, then I have no friends.

·
Registered
1,475 Posts
None in real life. I would love to have friends, but would probably run and hide if anyone did try to befriend me. SA is such a horrible thing to have.

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
No real life friends, 1 internet friend who lost her internet and only gets on when she's at her dads on the weekend.

·
She-Wolf
5,985 Posts
out of curiosity can some of you explain what you consider a friend?

i don't feel like i have any close friends in person because there is a lot of private issues i keep from everyone. i have one friend that i talk to almost every day and i see him at least once a week.
i have a couple more i don't talk to on msn much anymore but hang out with them occasionally.
i just have a lot of acquaintances. people i know through friends and see at parties or hanging out, or who i may exchange messages with through fb and see them sometimes. i don't really talk to many of them a lot though.. for obvious reasons.
i feel weird calling them friends - honestly it's probably more out of paranoia that they don't consider me friends.

then i have some online friends i mostly talk to through msn

·
Registered
44 Posts
I'm afraid of having or letting anyone get too close to me
Me too. I tend to be solitary though I have a few friends (they themselves have lots of friends; so there is always a bunch of people around me :?) They are so nice and they seem to understand me but i dunno i always step back if they get too close
anyway that would be 3 friends for me

·
She-Wolf
5,985 Posts
-Someone who borrows your clothes and never returns them.
-Someone who comes to your house unannounced.
-Someone who convinces you to spend $35 on fast food when you're drunk.
-Someone who still talks to you after you vomit and past-out in her bed, after a long night of drinking.
-Someone you have cried with (No one brings up that day...)
-Someone who doesn't get mad (for that long) after you make fun of them.
-Someone who puts you on the spot for being too quiet.
-Someone who stays with you after your SA got really bad, and most people stopped talking to you.

That's what I consider friends. I've had a long past with the 2 friends that I have.

I also have two acquaintances that I have known for the same mount of time (8 1/2 years). But I rarely see them anymore.

I can't seem to make new friends or acquaintances. My social skills suck.
only the bolded has ever apply to me as i haven't experienced the ohters and right now it only applies to 1 or 2 people i know :/

·
Registered
191 Posts
It's so hard to answer that, because there are so many different levels of friendship. Not counting my boyfriend, I have three friends that I could ring up right now and cry to if I really needed to. I have three more friends that I used to feel like that about but the friendships have lapsed due to distance and too much time passing. I do have hope that those friendships might restrengthen one day. And then on top of that, there are a handful of friends I'd be happy to go out with but I'd keep the conversation pretty light. Trouble is, hardly any of those people live in my city.

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
I have two friends with which I can safely confide with even about my woman troubles. One of these is out of state, and visits every few months.

I sometimes confide to my brothers and parents, but I don't make a habit of it.. lest they start questioning my mind. Apart from that, I have many acquintances with whom I talk to in a general sense.

Yes, I do have a habit of talking to many people in a general sense while revealing very little about myself.

Truthfully, I don't make enemies. I just don't make many close friends either.

·
unashamed perv
1,786 Posts
Everyone is my friend
Tom?

Do significant others count? I've got 1) my bf, 2) an old uni friend, 3) a great girlfriend who moved 250miles away, 4) a great girlfriend who moved to a bloody island a day's journey away, 5) a great girlfriend who moved to another continent.

·
Geese
20,768 Posts
Over a dozen that I see regularly, but only 2 of them I would call really close friends.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts