Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so I'm 25 years old. My general rule lately has been that I will only be interested in girls that are at least drinking age (21 or older). That means that any chick I see in a bar is fair game. Easy peasy, right?

Well...

The thing is that there a a couple of girls I would be interested in, but they are maybe a little too young. One is 19 I think, the other one just turned 20 a couple of months ago.

The dating age rule is 25 / 2 + 7 = 19.5 so I'm in the clear by that standard. But I still feel unsure about talking to them too much.

What do you guys think? How young should a 25 year old theoretically date?

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Once you're 18, age is just a number. It's all about how two people get along with each other. My uncle was 30 when he married my aunt, who was 18 and had just graduated from high school. They ended up having three kids and raised them into model adults. They were the happiest couple I ever saw until her tragic passing in 2002.

·
Registered
213 Posts
19 isn't really too young for a 25 year old. The funny thing is, I tell myself I wouldn't date that young, but then again, when I see it with other people, it's not that big of a deal.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I'm just having sort of a moral dilemma here. What would you guys honestly think of a 25 year old and a 19 year old together?
There is nothing morally wrong with it. If the only thing holding you back is morals then go for it. Usually (as long as they are 18+) the issues are whether the two can relate or one is after the money or if you are just in two way different phases of life etc etc.

There's nothing morally wrong with it as long as you're not taking advantage of someone (not just talking about phyically but anything) because they are young and dumb. But even with that it is a standard of morals and ignorance of someone rather than age. You could find someone who is 19 and someone who is 40 and both could be equally easy to take advantage of.

·
Banned
791 Posts
19 would be fine. It just depends on the girl's maturity level and personality. I've known 21 year olds to date 30 to 35 year olds without a problem, so I don't see what's wrong with a 25 year old and a 19 year old.

·
Registered
388 Posts
As long as she is of legal age (18 usually) I'd say it's perfectly normal. 25 is still relatively young in today's society, nobody would think less of you for dating someone who is just 6 years younger than you. In fact a lot of girls that age prefer older guys like you.

The "age rule" or whatever is a bunch of nonsense if you ask me, since when does age always = maturity level? I've come across high school kids that are more mature than 30 something year olds. Again as long as they're legal (18+) I see absolutely no problem. You're still young enough that it wouldn't even seem remotely odd to be dating a 19 year old.

·
Stan the Man
6,478 Posts
Just find a gal you like (provided she's legal) and go with it. There are enough barriers to relationships without making another.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Don't worry about it. I prefer them younger than me because they have around my same experience level. Besides at my university the only girls I meet are teenagers and girls in their early twenties. I am a guy, If i see a beautiful girl I am attracted to who is 18 I would go for it. All guys regardless of age are physically attracted to beautiful women. Its biological and natural.

·
subtastic
7,692 Posts
I think that if you're out of high school, dating someone in high school is generally awkward.

But I don't think this girl is too young for you, unless she's emotionally young for her age.

·
Registered
761 Posts
I think it's fine. 6-7ish year age difference actually seems the norm for me and people I'm associated with.

·
"Why So Serious?"
901 Posts
I myself would rather be the young one in a relationship, I honestly feel like a molester whenever I am around people who younger than me. I'm only 20yrs old too lol. My general rule (if I even dated) would be 3 years younger than me is ok and any amount of years above me is good too. I love older women :eek:.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
The dating age rule is 25 / 2 + 7 = 19.5 so I'm in the clear by that standard.
So for me that would be 36/2 +7 = 25. I'm allowed to date girls 11 years younger than me under this rule! Now if only I could find a girl such that this math mattered in the least. I guess I'd better do this math backwards to find out how old a woman can date me:

X/2 +7 = 36
X/2 = 29
X = 58 -- OMG, I'm so old a 58-year-old woman could date me!!!

Does it strike you as a screwy rule that would allow me to only go 11 years younger, but up to 22 years older?

What do you guys think? How young should a 25 year old theoretically date?
18 -- be sure to ask for ID though. We don't want you on Dateline Predator.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts