Votes: 32 36.4%
  • I have had SA my entire life

Votes: 47 53.4%
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Finding my way
1,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had SA since I was 12 or so, so that would make it 14 years for me. I wasn't diagnosed until I was 25, however.

·
Registered
912 Posts
I think I always have. I'm pretty sure I was genetically predisposed to it, and it was (I can't think of the right word) encouraged by outside influences.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I said 1-2 years. I think the foundation for it has always been there, but it's really come out and become a problem in the last couple years.

·
Somewhere but not here.
1,802 Posts
Over 10 years, but not my whole life. Not quite sure, probably about the time I would become self-conscious about my voice (as whatever age one would expect to really care about that)

·
Banned
177,223 Posts
About 12 years now.

·
UnDeRrAtED
34,712 Posts
about 21 years

·
Banned
837 Posts
I voted for "my whole life" but come to think of it, that wouldn't be exactly true. I remember I wasn't shy at all when I was little. My SA had developed later on, I would probably say that junior high and then high school contributed to that the most.

·
Done with SA
1,818 Posts
Since I can remember.
The first time I got really anxious was in kindergarten and it just grew from there.
I wasn't actually diagnosed until I was about 15, though. Before that, I had no idea what SA was or that I could have it. I just thought I was really shy.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I'll say since I was between 10-12 so 9-7 years. I'm 19.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
None of the poll options exactly apply to me. as though I've had SA for many years (approx 17 years) I've not had it for all of my life. Though have had it since late childhood.

·
Registered
794 Posts
Since December 2007. I won't have it my whole life, i'm determined of that.

·
Protector of the Den
15,048 Posts
I don't think my sa started until some point in school. I had SA by Junior High for sure. I might have had sa as early as elementary school, because that was when other kids started to pick on me. I chose "my entire life", because my sa goes beyond 10 years. It definitely has been the majority of my life.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts