Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
1,114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I stopped it two days ago and have migraine heaches and insomnia. Today i'm getting the nervous system zaps, just wondering how long everything lasts. Also how long does it take for the weight to come off.

· crazy
2,293 Posts
I tried cold turkey a few years back - it took like a month for it to wind down completely (lots of nausea along the way also), and then I was left with rather frazzled nerves. It's safer to do it gradually, and/or replace it with something else. I never had any problems with weight gain though. I wound up going back on it after a few months - my nerves never really calmed down, or else I had gotten really used to feeling more numb to things.

· Registered
2,404 Posts
The weight will probably not just drop off without you doing something for your body.

· Banned
218 Posts
It seems to depend on how long you've been on Paxil, and also if you've been on many different antidepressants before Paxil.

PaxilProgress has 250,000+ posts, mostly about withdrawal. Some of them are not that encouraging.

Stick through it, the worst should be over after a few weeks, some of the milder withdrawal effects may stay around a bit longer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.