Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Little Winged One
6,445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a couple of difficult social interactions yesterday.- I still feel kind of shaky and drained today. Trying to calm down but inside I just feel kind of ripped up and exhausted. It just reinforces to me how easily devasted and weak I really am. I think Hell for me would just be people all around me.

·
I like to shoot jumpshots
291 Posts
i work at the weight room at my local YMCA and I have to deal with rowdy teenagers and macho adult men who don't respect the rules of the weight room.

It was tough at first but as i got used to it recovery from adrenaline became shorter and shorter.

·
Banned
160 Posts
It depends on what it is. I had to go to my first jury duty session and I couldn't stop thinking about it for months. On the other hand, it usually takes me 20 minutes to half hour to forget about my social performance with the delivery man. However, here's what I do. I just tell myself people like that see lots of customers a day and will probably just forget me in less the amount of time it takes me to forget about what happened.

·
SAS Member
31,286 Posts
Usually right away if it's just a normal interaction. It it's confrontational then I may dwell on it for a little while.

·
white wine, pink face
460 Posts
these days i haven't been able to calm down at all. i'm too anxious over anticipating the next interaction. it's madness!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts