Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a bottle of this but I haven't used it. I get insomnia when I'm anticipating something social I must do the next day such as start a new job. I'm not able to test it because I'm not experiencing insomnia right now. I'm just wondering if it's something I can rely on the next time it happens or if xanax isn't very good for that. I need something very strong. When I've used OTC sleeping pills I've stayed awake all night. The same thing happened with herbal remedies.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Xanax is great for sleeping and is sometimes prescribed for it, though now the newer non-benzo sleep aids are much more popular with doctors. Without a tolerance, 1 mg will definitely knock you out within the hour. If you use it frequently, the sedating effects will not be as pronounced, which can be countered by taking more! and more! and more! JK

But ummm...yes it will definitely take you to sleepville, population you. Some people report a hangover from using it for sleep - I have never experienced this, and I suspect it's much more likely to happen at higher doses.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Yeah, you'll go to DMT-land very quick, depending on your body. 2mg knocked me out for a good 15 hours straight.
I pretty much just use Diphenhydramine to sleep, though I hate hangovers.

·
Banned
1,376 Posts
you really should experiment to see how it effects you, its good for daytime anxiety but may need to be taken 3 times a day as needed, as it doesnt last long

for sleeping it will help if taken occasionally

all meds of this type, including the sleeping pills seem to stop working after a few weeks, if taken every night

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
The drowsiness will wear off if used regularly, so don't use it often if that's the effect you want.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts