Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, So i think i have SAD, I never go out or talk on the phone etc because of my anxiety, i feel like its seriously affecting my life. I also have Scoliosis which i think helps drive my anxiety up.

Im so nervous about going to my GP to talk about this but im not sure what else i can do. But i dont want her to laugh at me or not give me anything. Did you have to jump through hoops to get some prescribed?

I am so nervous and over analyzing everything that i cant sleep without Diphenhydramine Hydrochloride Sleep Aid tablets, and even then it takes me a good long while of lying there. Im dependent on them so i definitely need to go to my GP but urgh, its so hard.

·
Registered
198 Posts
It really depends on your GP and how long they have known you.

It's best to be specific and say you think you are suffering from depression and social anxiety disorder, most doctors aren't that familiar with SAD.

In my case I specifically asked for nardil because it was "recommended by someone from an online support group" and he wrote me a script before I even realised what he was doing.

·
Banned
38,431 Posts
Being American, I'm not intimately familiar with how things work in the UK, but if you were over here in the US and you went to your GP with a complaint of SAD you'd be almost 100% assured of leaving their office with a script for some SSRI. I would expect things are pretty much the same in the UK. We know you won't be leaving with a benzo script, since it is the UK where benzos are seen as the work of the devil.

·
Sleeping
37 Posts
Im in NZ, and I just discussed it with my GP, what I was feeling/experiencing, how long ive had it and how its affecting my life and he was like "okay, we'll see how paroxetine goes" and that was all in a 20 minute appointment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts