Social Anxiety Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How exactly do they do this? How can anyone have that many friends and post constantly, and how can one even have the time to post to Twitter every hour? I'm just curious. Don't these people have lives?

:/

·
Super Moderator
9,458 Posts
I've seen a trend of these people that seem to have thousands of subscribers on Facebook and end up getting hundreds of likes for every stupid status. It just really annoys me.

·
On the Road to Normal
219 Posts
Don't these people have lives?
:/
Nope. There's a great car commercial I love. Some young woman is lamenting that her parents don't have a life because they have no friends on Facebook and she's got thousands. Meanwhile she's sitting at home on the computer with no life, while they are out having fun.

·
Banned
3,424 Posts
People are feeding them attention, and they like it. If no one made any comments, they wouldn't post so much.

Which is great for me, since I get to keep all the secrets I want.

·
Banned
811 Posts
I think you can add any amount of friends on Facebook. Doesn't matter if you know them or not people just add anyone to increase the number. Tweeting can be done from any mobile device. You don't have to be at home in front of a computer screen to do these things. Foursquare is another great app if you want people to know what restaurant or bar you are at. People with lives use social networking tools.

·
poison apple
4,058 Posts
Smart phones I assume? Anyone can update fb or twitter wherever or whenever they want these days. I don't think it means they're spending all their time on a computer. I browse fb on my breaks at work as a way to kill time. :stu It takes less than a minute to update twitter or leave a short fb comment.

·
roarrrr
4,876 Posts
Nope. There's a great car commercial I love. Some young woman is lamenting that her parents don't have a life because they have no friends on Facebook and she's got thousands. Meanwhile she's sitting at home on the computer with no life, while they are out having fun.
I liked that commercial, too. lol. Pretty much sums it up.

·
Villain in glasses
3,511 Posts
They add people they have never met. And spend every waking moment not talking, tweeting or posting.

·
Registered
8,819 Posts
They add every person they've said more than 1 word to, sometimes people they've just seen before >.>

·
Registered
82 Posts
I know someone on facebook who has 5,000 friends... he works at this online publication that writes about the gay culture and gay nightlife, and he just adds people randomly

·
Registered
185 Posts
You do realise they are not actual 'friends'.....I liken it to pokemon.

I have had people from different messageboards offer me home and board if I travel overseas, but I wouldn't consider a person I have never met a friend.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts