Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was just curious about how im ability to build up my pecs compared to other muscle groups. because the pecs are not a muscle group that u can directly strengthen (as far as i know). im self-cnoscious about my chest and wanted to know when i would feel sore in that region. im just babbling on so if u understand what im trying to say, please fill me in.

·
Registered
249 Posts
the chest is usually one of the best responders in most individuals. But everyone is different.

The best chest exercises are compound movements, but the fly motion trains the chest directly.

Try this. Do chest flys with dumbells and then immediatly after do barbell bench press. I am assuming your problem is your shoulders or arms fail before your chest. This will ensure you chest is tired first.

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I think the chest is the easiest muscle group to build up for the majority of guys.

ABetterTomorrow said:
Try this. Do chest flys with dumbells and then immediatly after do barbell bench press. I am assuming your problem is your shoulders or arms fail before your chest. This will ensure you chest is tired first.
Yeah that would be good to try.I do use bench press for my chest routine, but its more for overall power and not specifically for my chest. Lately I've been doing chest flies to concentrate on my chest.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ABetterTomorrow said:
the chest is usually one of the best responders in most individuals. But everyone is different.

The best chest exercises are compound movements, but the fly motion trains the chest directly.

yeah especially my left arm fails quickly. thanks for all of your advice. ill try more incline and decline reps cause using the regular press i dont feel my chest muscle strengthen. but im a novice so i dont know how it suppose to feel

1 - 4 of 4 Posts