Social Anxiety Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Ready to conquer
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My parents often ask me to go to the store or get some food or whatever and mostly I say 'i'm sorry, I don't feel like doing that', which is ok if you do it every once in a while. If you don't feel like doing it, you don't feel like doing it, right?

But I really never ever want to go get anything for them haha.. If I don't get to prepare myself mentally at least two hours before leaving the house I will probably start to cry like a little baby before i enter the store. Either way it's frustrating, for me or my parents. Because of that, I can't STAND it if they ask me to do anything like that, because I feel like they are forcing me into this panic-state. Maybe, secretly, i blame them for those feelings. Long story short: I hate my parents even though it's not their fault.

How does it affect you?

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
Reminds me when I use to live at home except I would go get the stuff but on occasions my Mum would say "I know you don't want to get it" but I would tell her that's its not that I don't want to get the groceries its the fact that I don't lime to be around alot of people and my phobia...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts